Former Glasgow Zoo set for major housing development - with 374 new homes
Taylor Wimpey Homes has submitted a planning application to Glasgow City Council to develop the greenfield site to build 374 new homes.
- [17-11] Major housing development could be built just 4km from #Tamworth
- [07-07] 2963 new homes planned in Glasgow regeneration areas by end of 2021/22 @ScotHousingNews #Scotland #Housing
- [18-09] Wheelchair users are hit 2X by the housing crisis: not enough homes being built and ACCESSIBLE homes are few and far between #HousingDay
- [18-09] Housing is the first step & we are making more homes every year. Support our Empty Homes project this #HousingDay
- [11-10] Progress photos of 28 new build 100% affordable housing development in #Rotherham. Mixture of both 2 and 3 bedrooms. #housing
- [04-10] Affordable homes, what those £450k homes #Tories think are affordable. Any social housing too??
- [21-11] Access to decent housing improves health & wellbeing. We are also linking housing development to health facilities.…
- [29-07] Interesting article on rogue landlords and slum housing in #Govanhill #Glasgow #housing
- [23-10] #Housing crisis: we will borrow to invest in new homes, says #SajidJavid
- [29-09] Tackling housing crisis with 1,000 affordable homes in joint venture
- [10-07] £1 billion new homes boost from #Edinburgh City Deal. #housing #citydeal
- [23-10] Fine words, now tell us when, where & how many. Housing crisis: we'll borrow to invest in new homes says #SajidJavid
- [17-11] Social housing provides homes for more people than you think, including retirement. #realpeopletruestories #housingday #u
- [18-09] Only £1 in every £5 spent by the government on housing goes on affordable homes for rent, it's claimed #HousingDay .
- [20-09] We provided homes for over 1700 people in housing need last year #makingadifference #HousingDay
- [22-11] 300,000 new homes will go nowhere to meeting the demand on housing created by mass immigration into the U.K. #Budget2017 #WATO
- [21-09] Empty homes scheme tackling North Lanarkshire housing shortage #ScottishHousingDay
- [04-10] More genuinely affordable homes 4 rent would be welcome in #London, but haven't solved all #housing problems before:
- [28-09] In government, Labour’s housing policy will provide homes for the many.
#Lab17 #LabourConference17 #ForTheMany
- [22-10] #SWFL2 Central FT:
Glasgow Girls Development 12 v 1 Cumbernauld Colts Development
- [17-09] #SWFL2 Central FT:
Glasgow Girls Development 1 v 2 Hamilton Academical Development
- [04-10] @theresa_may can offer billions or even 500.K new homes but it won't solve #Britain housing crisis ?
it needs policies not hot air speeches
- [04-10] After ignoring the housing crisis for years @Theresa_May's plan would mean just 5k more affordable homes/year #CPC17
- [05-10] #newsnight #skynews If @theresa_may 's speech was genuine about housing she would stop selling council homes off to b
- [04-10] Apparently, #Labour want to take #Britain back to the 1970s, when we built social housing and homes were affordable…
- [22-11] OBR confirms May's extra £2bn for social rented housing was taken from Starter Homes budget - not new money #Budget2017
- [22-11] A vision for homes? Read Chelgate's analysis on #housing policies announced in today's #Budget2017
- [03-11] Big news! #NewZealand bans #foreignbuyers from purchasing homes?! @GOCPBL is this legit? Housing $ would tank! If it happened here! Do it.
- [19-09] Successive governments have failed to meet people's basic need for housing - we need more social homes, says @pollyn1 #natfed17
- [12-12] #Liverpool council to lay “Foundations” for new ethical housing company to create 10,000 homes over coming decade - incl’
- [06-12] At #Tamworth #Staffs #Planning Committee tonight where (you've guessed) proposed housing development and the need for st
- A hard Brexit would risk deepening the UK housing crisis | Housing Network [ad_1]
It’s rare nowadays to read the news and feel anything other than abject horror. But occasionally something good appears, even in housing.
This week, Sovereign housing association announced it has secured £150m from the European Investment Bank (EIB) to build 4,500 homes. Which is good: we need new homes, and the EIB is able to offer low-cost loans to fund infrastructure projects because… View On WordPress
- This was an interesting discussion: I have realised that a lot of these residential events that not a lot of young people show up to give their opinions therefore sometimes there is a limited viewpoint from those who are a lot older. That evening we were asked as residents to discuss what we like the most about the areas we are in (within Brent|), understanding what are the plans for Brent in 20 years. But also some heated discussions arose when the mention of housing and free land sites to build on - it made ti seem housing was a major priority but however the welfare of the people to be in these areas it was going to become a concrete jungle completely filled in from every angle as the population of London continues to grow every day. An interesting point was also made about the idea of children who cannot afford to buy homes and having to live at home with mum and dad, some homes have been used and transformed to accommodate privacy for those living with mum and dad. .
- Woolwich Arsenal site being turned into homes Woolwich, the former home of the Gunners, is being transformed in to thousands of new houses and a stop on the new ‘Elizabeth’ train line. Many new homes have already been built, with regeneration starting in 2003, but the Royal Arsenal Riverside is the biggest new development, and will bring 5,000 new houses to the area. The Berkeley Homes development involves converting and building houses on… View On WordPress
- The Difference an Hour Makes in #RealEstate #TeamRDG #Denver #CO
Every Hour in the US Housing Market: 624 Homes Sell 347 Homes...
- Ribbon Cutting Middletown #Homes on Nov 21 Celebrating #partnerships in Development of Jack & Barbara Tarditi Homes Allies Celebrating “Perfect Together” Partnerships and Development of Jack and Barbara Tarditi Homes in Middletown On Tuesday, November 21, 2017, at 10:00 a.m., Allies Inc. will hold a ribbon cutting for its Middletown Homes project located at Middletown Avenue and Unity Court in Middletown, New Jersey. Thanks to partnerships, a journey that began in 2009 has finally come to fruition. Michael… View On WordPress
- Sunberry Homes Two Storey Townhouse ( RFO ) Location : Soong 1, Lapu - Lapu City, Cebu Sunberry Homes is a community located near resorts and commercial areas; easily accessible with friendly economic household features and amenities that promote the well-being of every resident. A 2.5 hectare sundivision in Soong, Mactan. House Type Units : - Economic Housing (2-Storey Townhouses) -Socialized Housing (1-Storey Townhouses) *FINISHED UNIT UPON DELIVERY House Details : 2-Storey Townhouse RFO ( … Read more »
- Glasgow housing projects by Oscar Marzaroli,1960s
- Jack Guy R.I.P – was known for his quiet generosity A man who helped build modern Northland, the construction king, visionary and philanthropist Jack Guy, has died. His legacy reflects a devout religious side as well as a deep empathy for people, and his love of Northland. Guy was founding trustee and benefactor of the Catholic Homes Trust which built the Marian Heights Lifestyle Village. This trust is a major provider of emergency housing in… View On WordPress
Former Glasgow Zoo set for major housing development - with 374 new homes
Taylor Wimpey Homes has submitted a planning application to Glasgow City Council to develop the greenfield site to build 374 new homes.
You do not need to live in Glasgow to make an application for housing with the Glasgow Housing Association. You must be at least 16 years of age.
If you live in Glasgow, you should register an application with a Local Housing Organisation (LHO). Click here for LHO contact details http://
If you do not live in Glasgow, you should register an application at the Local Housing Organisation for the area you want to live in. If you live too far away from Glasgow to be able to visit the office for the area you want to live in, an application form can be sent to you. You should request one from the LHO in the area of Glasgow where you would like to live.
If you or anyone to be rehoused with you has a medical condition which would affect the type of housing you could consider, a medical self-certificate should be completed.
More info here http://
Remember if you change addresses you need to inform the benefit offices in both areas. All the best
Glasgow (any part) it no more dangerous than any other major city.
I would be more inclined to say that West Glasgow (ie Govan etc) is more of a no go than North Glasgow (where Spingburn is), just don't go wandering into the high rise housing estates (stay away from Red Road Flats for example).
I'm actually from Edinburgh, but I've been to Glasgow many times and I have NEVER had any problems (and I've walked through Govan on an Ibrox match day!), in fact I find Glaswegians the most welcoming and friendly people I've ever met!
For more info, check out these websites:
Good luck with choosing your college :-)
I lived in Aberdeen at the time of his "investment". People were divided over the development, but it was obvious that bribes were being paid. A local councilor I knew was hounded out of his job for opposing the development. The point of SSSI's (sites of special scientific interest) is that they are places which should not be developed for frivolous purposes like golf resorts.
Trump promised investment and bullied any dissenters and then pulled off a trick which he has done in other places around the world. The development was actually mostly a housing development, the golf resort was only part of it. The infrastructure (roads, sewage etc.) for the housing and golf resort were to be paid for by local taxpayers.
Aberdeen already has the highest taxes in Scotland, and I am currently getting screwed over them, even though I no longer live there. Trump should pay his own bills
Yes well done Glasgow if any City deserves this then it's Glasgow. Brilliant people with humour second to none and a culture to match,
And here's to decent housing for those living in the East of the City who have had to live in deplorable housing conditions for years in.
I applied to both and found that I really liked both of the campuses, though I was less keen on the cities. Manchester has a vast student population and therefore probably has a more active nightlife, but they're both major cities and not exactly quiet. Housing at Manchester was overwhelmingly varied, really something to suit everyone, but I found Glasgow's halls to be really bland and uninteresting. (Also, the size of Manchester means that as long as you meet the entry requirements you're likely to be accepted, though their A Level offers are often higher than those from Glasgow.) Academically, I'd say that Manchester was better regarded than Glasgow but obviously this depends on which subject you're studying. The Scottish system is more flexible, especially at Glasgow, so you're able to take a wider variety of courses for the first two years and it's a lot easier to change courses. However, a degree from Glasgow will take 4 years rather than the typical 3 at Manchester.
no one is offering homes to vets, it is not an either or proposition. in America anyone can have a home if they have money. Even in the housing crisis with many thousand of empty homes, none were offered to vets.
Video: Glasgow fruit market reopens after being hit by major blaze Trading at a fire-hit fruit market in Glasgow has resumed after it was partially reopened.
Major new film and television school to be opened in Glasgow and Dumbarton A MAJOR new National Film and Television School is to be launched in Scotland.
Glasgow fruit market traders return to site after major fire A large fire in a Glasgow warehouse and produce market will have a knock-on effect for businesses across the west of Scotland, traders have warned.
Secret Glasgow terror training: Special ops ambulance crews to replicate major tragedies CITY venues are being used for twilight terror training by specialist ambulance crews .
Housing and Urban Development Challenges daunting but I will give my best, says new Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Puri The new Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri has said “ The Urban housing and development challenges are daunting and transformative
Tata Housing to sell 13,000 homes
The Next Hot Housing Market: Starter Homes Generation of Renters Now Buying
First-time buyers are rushing to buy homes after a decade on the sidelines, promising to kick a housing market already flush with luxury sales into higher gear.
Affordable homes from Provident Housing
Housing segment Compact homes
Double-bedroom homes are dignity housing: KTR
Welfare homes in for major revamp
Tata Housing plans retirement homes in eight cities
New Single-Family Homes Buoy Housing Market New Single-Family Homes Buoy Market
Construction of single-family homes rose to the highest level since the financial crisis last month as the housing market improved, though the overall results for all types of housing starts were pulled down by a drop in apartment and condominium construction.
Google Will Buy Modular Homes to Address Housing Crunch Google Will Buy Modular Homes to Address Housing Crunch
Google owner Alphabet Inc. is finalizing an order to buy 300 modular apartment units from a startup for a building likely to serve as short-term housing for employees.
Single-Family Homes Drive Housing Starts Single-Family Homes Drive Housing Starts
Construction of single-family homes in the U.S. rose 0.5% in February to a rate of 618,000 units, a nearly five-year high. Overall housing starts increased 0.8%.
It is known that 58% of homes in a certain suburb have large-screen TV sets. A random sample of eight homes is taken.
It is known that 58% of homes in a certain suburb have large-screen TV sets. A random sample of eight homes is taken. a. Find the probability that exactly one home will have a large-screen TV set. b. Find the probability that less than two homes will have a large-screen TV set. c. Find the probability that at least two homes will have a large-screen TV set. d. Find the mean and variance of this probability distribution.
Network homes / synchronized mobile homes with OS X and Active Directory
I work in a company which manages IT for several customers (mainly for Apple OS X deployments). Some of them have more users than computers, so they need some form of "movable" home directory (so the ...
What are the major ancient literature on Judaic mysticism and spiritual development?
What are the major ancient literature on Judaic mysticism and spiritual development? By ancient I mean B.C.E.
I also would appreciate if you can also provide links to online English translations if ...
What is the ratio of homes for sale vs homes occupied
I've been shopping for a home in Alberta and I've noticed a small town of approximately 240 homes, where about 12 of those are currently on the market. That's 5% of the homes currently up for sale. Is ...
Is a “coolant housing Ieak” coming from the housing or thermostat?
I have a 2010 Mini Cooper S and my coolant is leaking.
Only way I know what it is is because you see a small liquid puddle under the car. There is no odor. When I took my car in for oil change I was ...
Fly into Edinburgh or Glasgow?
Is there any reason to fly to Edinburgh or Glasgow if flight prices and times are approximately the same? I want to tour around Scotland, so I will visit both cities anyway.Good reasons would be XXX has an airport which is very prone to closure due to fog, or rental cars are much cheaper in YYY, or it is much shorter to go from ZZZ airport to the city centre. Free Wifi would be a good reason, too.
Characteristics and distinctions of housing and housing development schemes?
Please provide an overview of the characteristics and distinctions
of the following property types: Housing and housing development
schemes Commercial and industrial properties agricultural
properties recreational / leisure properties
What is the major difference between renter-occupied housing and cooperative housing?
Does the fair housing act apply to landlords of single family homes?
How much have US homeowners lost collectively in the current housing market due to devaluation of their homes?
There are 75 million homeowners in the USA I am looking for an average FIGURE which represents the percentage loss of equity the US homeowner has suffered due to devaluation of their home.
What British actions following the french and Indian war involved the housing of troops in colonists homes?
Impact of housing development?
What 1950's businessman built mass-produced homes in the suburbs to provide inexpensive housing?
What is the secretary of housing and urban development?
What was the name of the housing development in Its a Wonderful Life?
Who is the US secretary of housing and urban development?
Who is the head of department of housing and urban development?
Why did the plans for new housing development trouble Luke?
Who is the head of the department of housing and urban development?
Why was Levitt's housing development business so successful?
What did Joseph Levitt call his new housing development?
Who was Jimmy Carters Secretary of Housing and Urban Development?
Am I free to purchase a home in the same housing development as your manager?
What is the contact number for the Brooklyn Homes Development Company in the UK?
The telephone number for Brooklyn Homes Development Company is (01202) 826278. They offer a wide variety of services including refurbishment of properties, new builds, and extensions.
- But Cortlandt Homes is to be the greatest of all housing projects. Pero Hogares Cortlandt será el mayor proyecto de urbanización de todos.
- All we had to do is make 10% of the homes affordable housing for the katrina refugees. Todo lo que tenemos que hacer es hacer el 10% de las casas... viviendas asequibles para los refugiados del Katrina.
- Marketing Glasgow as a premier business location involved a major advertising campaign.
- The Association is a community-based organization that focuses on the day-to-day development and implementation of social development projects with and for the population of the Castellane low-income housing project in France. La organización es una estructura de proximidad que se dedica día tras día a definir y poner en marcha un proyecto de desarrollo social con el conjunto de la población de la ciudad de la Castellane (Francia) que redunde en su beneficio.
- A housing programme provided homes for returnees in need and funded the reconstruction and repossession of property damaged or occupied during the war. Mediante un programa de vivienda se ofrece alojamiento a los repatriados que lo necesitan y se financia la reconstrucción y reposesión de las construcciones dañadas u ocupadas durante la guerra.
- Mr. James Ryan, Chairman of Shahrazad Homes, devoted his presentation to factors affecting the housing situation in the West Bank. El Sr. James Ryan, Presidente de la empresa Shahrazad Homes, centró su exposición en los factores que afectaban a la situación de la vivienda en la Ribera Occidental.
- The housing allowance system comprises general housing allowances, housing supplements for students and housing allowances for pensioners. El sistema de asignaciones de vivienda comprende asignaciones generales de vivienda, suplementos de vivienda para estudiantes y asignaciones de vivienda para pensionados.
- a housing development
- a fabulous gallery housing the work of major artists
- ENS should, from 1995, be running one train per night in each direction on each of the following routes: - London-Amsterdam - London-Frankfurt/Dortmund - Paris-Glasgow/Swansea - Brussels-Glasgow/Plymouth. ENS debería suministrar, a partir de 1995, un servicio de un tren cada noche en cada dirección en cada uno de los siguientes trayectos: - Londres-Amsterdam, - Londres-Frankfurt-Dortmund, - París-Glasgow-Swansea, - Bruselas-Glasgow-Plymouth.
Sigurd Larsen designs affordable homes for eco-housing development near Copenhagen - Beauty Architec - Berlin-based architect Sigurd Larsen designed these two larch-clad homes as a sustainable and affordable model for an "organic" housing development in ...
Standish Housing Development Sept 17 - Latest update on the Housing developments in Standish. Flying in from Standish following the line to Almond brook, banking to the right and over to Pepper ...
Sighthill Regeneration: Housing Development - A flythrough showing a vision for the new housing development at Sighthill.
The ultimate Software Development Company in Glasgow - Tentacle solutions are a team of professional database developers working for the best Software Development Company in Glasgow. The team is well known as the most talented team in the world...
Special housing development proposed on confiscated land - The Government's plan to build houses on a special housing site right next to the Otuataua Stonefields Historic Reserve has mana whenua and many locals of ...
Glasgow Housing Association: Glasgow Housing Association is the largest social landlord in Scotland with 40,000 affordable homes across Glasgow. GHA is a not-for-profit company created in 2003 by the then Scottish Executive for the purpose of owning and managing Glasgow's social housing stock.
Blackhill, Glasgow: Blackhill is an area of north east Glasgow, Scotland. It was developed as a council housing estate in the 1930s. Most of the new development was designated Rehousing, the lowest grade of council housing intended for those cleared from Glasgow's 19th century slums, particularly those in the Garngad area.
ABLA Homes: ABLA Homes was a Chicago Housing Authority public housing development that comprised four separate public housing projects on the Near-West Side of Chicago, Illinois.
Avenel Cooperative Housing Project: Avenel Cooperative Housing Project, properly known as Avenel Homes, is a 10-unit cooperative housing development designed by architect Gregory Ain, and built in 1947 in the Silver Lake section of Los Angeles.
Ashiana Housing Ltd: Ashiana Housing Ltd. is an Indian real estate development company established in 1979 with its head office in New Delhi, India. It was the only Indian real estate company to be recognized by Forbes as Asia's 200 Best Under A Billion. Ashiana Housing is a mid-income housing developer with primary focus on Senior Living and Care Homes for the elderly.
William Mead Homes: William Mead Homes is a public housing development located in Chinatown, a neighborhood of the city of Los Angeles. Nicknamed "Dogtown" because of its proximity to the Ann Street Animal Shelter whose canine residents could be heard for blocks around, it is operated by the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles.
LGI Homes: LGI Homes is a Texas-based builder of housing developments, with its development projects mostly focused in the southwestern region of the United States. According to Builder Magazine, LGI Homes is the 15th largest home builder in the United States.
Paradise Palms: Paradise Palms is a Mid Century Modern housing community in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In the 1960s Irwin Molasky's company Molasky Development hired the young architectural firm of Palmer & Krisel fresh from their success building hundreds of successful tract homes for Alexander Homes and other custom projects in Palm Springs, California.
Yesler Terrace, Seattle: Yesler Terrace, a 22-acre public housing development in Seattle, Washington was, at the time of its completion in 1941, Washington State's first public housing development and the first racially integrated public housing development in the United States.
CalAtlantic Homes: Arlington Virginia-based CalAtlantic Homes Corporation is America's 11th largest homebuilder as of 2015. Engaged in the development of single-family and multi-family homes, the combined company, Standard Pacific and Ryland Homes, has built homes for more than 113,000 families during its 46-year history.
Building more homes in London won't solve the country's housing crisis
There is little incentive to...: Building more homes in London won't solve the country's housing crisisThere is little incentive to build houses where they are needed most, across the whole of the country, not just London. We need a proper national planTheresa May has pledged to take “personal charge” of the government’s housing strategy, announcing new reforms to help fund housing association home-building, while in two weeks’ time, the mayor of London is set to release his draft London plan, increasing the capital’s housing target by 55% to 64,935 new homes a year.The mayor’s challenge reflects a national one: in the year to March, permission was given for 304,000 homes, but construction began on only 162,000. It’s also a difficult one, since planning authorities don’t build homes, they only permit them.The responsibility and capability to address England’s housing crisis ultimately sits with the government. But there a paradox: it is neither politically nor economically desirable to quickl
To let in Broadbridge Heath at Countryside Homes’ sought after Wickhurst Green development: stunning...: To let in Broadbridge Heath at Countryside Homes’ sought after Wickhurst Green development: stunning 4 bed, 3 bath ex Show Home. Super spacious master suite with built in wardrobes, dressing area and en-suite! Double length garage as well as driveway parking and a landscaped rear garden. £2,495 pcm + fees.