Nicola Sturgeon warns Theresa May she will call IndyRef2 if she doesn't compromise on Brexit
The First Minister wants Scotland to be taken more seriously in Brexit negotiations or she will look to call a second referendum.
- [13-10] Nicola Sturgeon crashes Theresa May's party.#indyref2
- [09-10] #brexit #indyref2 #scotref Nicola Sturgeon admits no Brexit deal could make second EU vote "irresistible" - Her... .
- [10-10] Nicola Sturgeon: if Brexit keeps going like this, it will push Scots towards #indyref2 #SNP17 :
- [25-08] #brexit #indyref2 #scotref Ditch threat of referendum before Brexit, Tommy Sheppard tells Nicola Sturgeon - The...
- [10-08] Nicola Sturgeon's Brexit minister warns Damian Green repeal bill must be overhauled
#Brexit #Farming #Agriculture
- [23-08] Nicola Sturgeon just put a giant spanner in the works of Theresa May’s Brexit plans
- [28-09] #Scotland News - Theresa May set for Brexit talks with Nicola Sturgeon
- [20-08] BBCSP Interview – Nicola Sturgeon avoids answering questions on post-#Brexit #IndyRef2 .
- [19-09] Joint letter to UK PM Theresa May MP from First Ministers Nicola Sturgeon MSP & Carwyn Jones AM. #brexit…
- [16-11] If Theresa May satifies Nicola on Brexit, #indyref2 is off the table. If she doesn't, it #will happen. Assuming we're not neg
- [16-11] Should @NicolaSturgeon rule out #indyref2? Nicola Sturgeon ‘must rule out’ #indyref2, say Tories @theresa_may @theSNP @Nicol
- [15-11] I believe this is what Nicola Sturgeon is working towards so when #indyref2 #ScotRef happens everything will be either set
- [16-11] Nicola Sturgeon ‘must rule out’ #indyref2, say Tories
- [09-10] Nicola Sturgeon: I have #indyref2 mandate until 2021
- [07-07] Nicola Sturgeon Statement On Scotland's Future #indyref2 (pls RT↺❤️) ️️
- [02-12] Tracey Ullman as Nicola Sturgeon (confirms she does not need #IndyRef2)
- [16-11] We said no. It's time the SNP listened.Nicola Sturgeon must rule out #indyref2
- [09-07] In #Scotland this is how we roll...Ooh Nicola Sturgeon ooh Nicola Sturgeon ooh Nicola Sturgeon ooh Nicola Sturgeon.
- [02-12] The Nicola Sturgeon standing up there at #FMQs promoting Councils to raise Council Tax is the same Nicola Sturgeon who previo
- [30-01] Nicola Sturgeon needs to take #indyref2 & fuck off. Lunatic cant even sort the slum that is her own constituency. She n
- [23-12] Nicola Sturgeon has a very special Christmas message for all of you. #Christmas2017 #NicolaSturgeon #indyref2…
- [30-01] Good to know, come #indyref2, that Nicola Sturgeon now agrees with UK government economic projections.
- [08-10] Amazed Nicola Sturgeon has the gall to carry on in politics after the last GE. #indyref2 #marr
- [30-09] Theresa May just spoke with Nicola Sturgeon and Jeremy Corbyn...#lol
- [06-11] @liveIndyScot @theSNP IMO Nicola Sturgeon hit the nuclear button way too early by "threatening" #indyref2 the day a…
- [08-10] Nicola Sturgeon pointing out people gave her a mandate for #indyref2. Regardless how much that upsets the Tory BBC :
- [08-10] Were there not sufficient proof already, today confirms that Nicola Sturgeon is a mad, pouty-faced bitch. #indyref2
- [22-07] First #Minister of #Scotland Nicola Sturgeon told that Theresa #May is too important to meet with her
- A question for you, what does Theresa May want almost as much as the right to trigger Article 50? The answer, the ability to manage the media coverage. So this morning the Prime Minister will probably be fuming over her cornflakes as she sees how Nicola Sturgeon has upstaged her and stolen the headlines.Brexit is deeply unpopular. The Government may be racing to kickstart the process on behalf of the 52% who voted to leave but the 48% who preferred to remain are being ignored and left behind. So Theresa May’s team know they need a clear media landscape on which to tell their story, to spin it as hard as they can to manage a positive and supportive narrative. So Nicola Sturgeon’s theft of that media landscape has totally buggered Number 10’s plans.It was a quick reaction by Downing Street to delay triggering article 50 until the end of the month rather than pressing the nuclear Brexit button today. Nicola Sturgeon pulled off a masterstroke by announcing a second Scottish independence referendum yesterday afternoon. She did so before the Brexit bill had completed its course through Westminster but she knew it was a foregone conclusion so faced very little risk in pulling her own trigger first.In doing so she secured the media spotlight ahead of the Prime Minister. It means for a day or so Scottish independence will be in the news, endlessly debated, picked apart and scrutinised. It doesn’t really matter that the Scottish First Minister doesn’t actually have ultimate authority over an independence referendum, the story will be enough for Nicola Sturgeon to capitalise on the news, promote her reasoning for independence and crucially to raise funds and support to fight a campaign.Mrs May can decide whether to allow or forbid a second indyref and has already indicated she will decline it, at least until after Brexit. Here too Ms Sturgeon has played a blinder by suggesting the date for indyref2 should be between Autumn 2018 and Spring 2019, i.e. before the UK has formally left the EU, albeit possibly quite close to that cliff edge date. Regardless of whether you agree with Scottish independence, or Scexit, Nicola Sturgeon’s timing and mastery of the media message are brilliant. Naturally some newspapers don’t pull their punches when describing what she has done. The Daily Mail takes a typically jaundiced view of someone who has interfered in its plan for Armageddon, sorry Brexit, saying in its headline ‘Hands off our Brexit, Nicola!’.Nicola Sturgeon would have anticipated how her announcement would be treated by various media outlets. She knows just as well as Theresa May that she won’t get universal applause. But she also knows that when media is poised pen in hand to write and analyse the biggest story of the week, the month, the year so far, crashing that party to usurp the host guarantees her acres of coverage. Just as Theresa May will be scowling over her cornflakes this morning in Number 10, Nicola Sturgeon will be beaming over her porridge in Bute House. It won’t matter whether Theresa May accedes to her referendum request, she has got the headlines, she has delivered on her election promise and she has set the ball rolling. Fair play to Nicola Sturgeon, it’s back of the net stuff.
- Since Nicola Sturgeon’s announcement both media hacks and politicians alike have said that:1. This is an utter U-turn2. Everything is the same as before3. Indyref 2 has been shelved4. Indyref 2 is still on the table5. The independence argument is finished6. The SNP ‘honeymoon’ is over7. The indyref timeline has been extended 8. Nothing has changed 9. Everything has changed10. Some things have changedI mean, at least get your stories right. This is a media frenzy over nothing. If they didn’t have the SNP to talk about chances are they wouldn’t be employed.
- SCOTLAND POLITICS: UK Brexit Customs Union Plan 'Daft': Sturgeon Nicola Sturgeon posted an initial reaction to the customs...
- Nicola Sturgeon promises second independence referendum: 'There is too much at stake for Brexit to be imposed on Scotland'
- Nicola Sturgeon and Carwyn Jones hold Brexit talks via @BBCNews#Economy #Wales #Scotland #StopBrexit
- Dublin warns Theresa May against using Troubles as a Brexit negotiating chip#Brexit #Ireland #StopBrexitNow BluKIP Nonsense ❄ (@UKIPNFKN) August 16, 2017via Twitter
- Nicola Sturgeon to meet Welsh First Minister Carwyn Jones to discuss repeal bill#Brexit #Wales #Scotland BluKIP Nonsense ❄ (@UKIPNFKN) August 22, 2017via Twitter
- Sturgeon to apologise for gay men convictions Image copyright Getty Images The first minister is to apologise on behalf of the Scottish government to gay men convicted of now-abolished sexual offences.Nicola Sturgeon will make the apology at Holyrood on 7 November to coincide with new legislation giving an automatic pardon to those affected.The legislation was promised by Ms Sturgeon when she presented her programme for government in… View On WordPress
Nicola Sturgeon warns Theresa May she will call IndyRef2 if she doesn't compromise on Brexit
The First Minister wants Scotland to be taken more seriously in Brexit negotiations or she will look to call a second referendum.
Scotland voted to remain part of the UK- The UK voted to leave the EU- Is N. Sturgeon fighting for Scotland or to be President?
Nicola Sturgeon is fighting to enact the manifesto of her party, the SNP - independence for Scotland. She has a mandate from Scottish voters to do that. Where is Theresa May's mandate to abandon the Conservative Party's 2015 manifesto, and rule?
The situation in Scotland has changed since they voted to remain part of the UK.
One of the main arguments of the 'better together' campaign was that Scotland would do better remaining in the UK, so it could retain its EU membership. Since the Brexit vote, that no longer applies, even though the Scots voted heavily in favour of remaining in EU
It's reasonable to now go back to the Scottish people and ask them if they still feel the same now the promised continued EU membership won't happen. But Nicola Sturgeon would be foolish to go for another independence referendum, unless she has assurances from the EU that an independent Scotland would be granted EU membership
Why does Nicola Sturgeon think she can dictate to the rest of the UK?
She doesn't miss a trick does she this woman from stabbing in the back from afar (Brussels) to running around telling porkies, she really is irritating.
Nicola Sturgeon is trying to make out she's something that she's most defiantly not, she doesn't have any sort of veto except the one that Theresa May has offered her.
About a third of the way down the link, it reads.
Theresa May indicated that Brexit could be delayed as she said she would not start the formal process for leaving the EU until there is a "UK approach" backed by Scotland.and all the other representatives of the Union, in that she wants their co operation take along .
The link goes on to say.
In a sign that the new Prime Minister was committed to keeping the Union intact, Mrs May said she would not trigger Article 50 - the formal process for withdrawing from the EU - until all the devolved nations in the country agree .
That's her so-called veto, her so-called strong position, its nothing of the sort, what it is however, is Theresa May being courteous.
The woman is an absolute disgrace for even suggesting she has a veto, because she doesn't have anything of the sort, what she does have or had is an offer of co operation from somebody trying to do the right thing.
That without a second though of anything except herself, has thrown it back into the face of the person who offered it, which to me is an absolute disgraceful display of shameful behaviour, not becoming of somebody that she most certainly is not.
This woman needs to be put firmly in her place.
Scottish Independence yawn?
No yawn for the Brexit process. Nicola Sturgeon will continue to wiggle that particular thorn in the flesh of the UK throughout the Brexit process, even if she does not really favour independence, in order to keep Scotland's interests to the fore.
Is Nicola Sturgeon deluding herself over her ability to influence Brexit negotiations?
UK What are your thoughts on Theresa May denying the Scots a chance at a second Independence Referendum?
Overwhelming indifference..Nicola was going to spoil Theresa's Brexit day speech..that was known for weeks.
Does Mad Maggie May realise that her delusional mooing at the Scottish Tories - all three of them - is bringing independence closer?
I think Theresa May, of anybody, has to tell Ms Sturgeon a few home-truths. She doesn't need to make friends where Sturgeon is concerned and I for one, applaud what May said about all of this. Splitting up the UK would be a huge mistake much as right now, I'm starting to think okay Scotland, PUSH OFF. The rest of the UK might save a considerable sum of money without Scotland.
Indyref2 “not dependent” on Brexit, says Nicola Sturgeon SNP leader, Nicola Sturgeon, insisted a second independence referendum was “not dependent” on Brexit at the party’s conference in Glasgow yesterday.
Theresa May Meets Nicola Sturgeon for Brexit Talks Prime Minister May told Scotland she believed "with all my heart" in keeping the U.K. together.
Nicola Sturgeon holds talks with Theresa May on Brexit The Scottish First Minister arrived at No10 where she said she will demand 'clarity' from the PM Britain's departure from the bloc.
Nicola Sturgeon: I have indyref2 mandate until 2021 Nicola Sturgeon has insisted she still has a mandate to hold a second Scottish independence referendum before the next Holyrood election in 2021.
Sketch: Nicola Sturgeon keeps SNP members waiting for Indyref2 Some commentators have described the 2017 SNP conference as flat. But try telling that to the two angry men - one sporting a kilt - who were shown the door half an hour before Nicola Sturgeon’s keynote speech.
Nicola Sturgeon: I have mandate to hold indyref2 by 2021 The SNP leader says she stands by her comment that a second vote is 'highly likely'.
Nicola Sturgeon pokes fun at Theresa May with Strepsils gag Nicola Sturgeon poked fun at Theresa May yesterday during the Scottish National Party (SNP) conference by turning up with a packet of Strepsils.
Nicola Sturgeon mocks Theresa May with box of Strepsils – video SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon holds up a packet of Strepsils throat lozenges before the beginning of her
speech at the Scottish National party’s annual conference in Glasgow. The move
was a reference to Theresa May’s cough-stricken speech in Manchester last week
Nicola Sturgeon: Theresa May’s union claim was clutching at straws Theresa May was clutching at straws when she claimed that the Conservatives had saved the Union, Scotland’s First Minister said.
Nicola Sturgeon: 'Brexit Is a Right-Wing Tory Takeover' Scotland's first minister warns that an EU exit would lead to a right-wing power grab.
Devolved administrations `cut out´ of key Brexit talks, says Nicola Sturgeon Ms Sturgeon called on the UK Government to make good on its promise to give the devolved administrations a "genuine role" in EU exit talks.
Nicola Sturgeon to Table Single Market Brexit Plans Scottish government will table plans this week.
Nicola Sturgeon calls Brexit talks a ‘slow-motion car crash’ First minister keeps options open on Scottish independence vote
Nicola Sturgeon to discuss Brexit repeal Bill with Welsh First Minister Scotland's First Minister will meet her Welsh counterpart in Edinburgh to discuss their opposition to the Brexit repeal Bill.
Nicola Sturgeon urges new consensus on boosting Holyrood powers amid Brexit 'threat' Nicola Sturgeon has called for a new cross-party consensus on boosting the powers of Holyrood in the face of Brexit "threatening the underpinning principle" of devolution.
Nicola Sturgeon makes campaign call to those "impatient" in the SNP Nicola Sturgeon told her party they must continue to make the case for independence but said she doesn’t know when a second vote will come.
Nicola Sturgeon rallies SNP with call for public energy company Scottish first minister puts independence drive on back burner
Sturgeon: It is premature to set a date for indyref2 She added Theresa May's claim of having 'saved the union' was 'clutching at straws'.
Theresa May to back Brexit compromise to quell rebellion over date To avoid second Commons defeat, PM will throw weight behind amendment giving MPs power to amend deadline if EU27 agree Theresa May is ready to throw her weight behind a Brexit compromise from Conservative MPs in order to quell a growing rebellion over the government’s attempt to enshrine the date of Britain’s EU departure in EU law. The prime minister will support an amendment that leaves the Brexit deadline in place but gives MPs the power to push it back if the EU27 agree, in order to avoid a second Continue reading...
[Bloomberg Business] Theresa May is understood to have told her team never to compromise on Brexit demands
Sturgeon warns devolution under attack from Tory Brexit 'power grab' NICOLA Sturgeon has warned that a "blatant power grab" by the Tories poses the biggest threat to the Scottish Parliament's powers since the vote for devolution two decades ago.
Nicola Sturgeon: Need for independence has never been greater The First Minister has said the need for Scottish independence has ‘arguably never been greater’ as she opened the annual SNP conference in Glasgow on Sunday.
Nicola Sturgeon: Catalonia referendum ‘cannot be ignored’
Nicola Sturgeon: Focus is on the next ten years and beyond Nicola Sturgeon will today unveil plans to spend £840 million a year on “transformational” plans to introduce a system of full-time state childcare as she set her sights on another decade in power.
Can hackers compromise a VM to the point that they compromise your host OS?
Are the Conservatives preventing Britain from get the best possible Brexit deal from the EU; are they prepared to accept the consequences, if their actions harm the country? Why doesn't Labour distance itself from this historic error?
Cooking a whole 30lb sturgeon on a spit
I have a custom made charcoal spit and I've done a whole pig on a spit at least 10 times, so I have some experience doing this thing, however, this will be my first year cooking a sturgeon, or any ...
Name of the Theodore Sturgeon short story about a man who can fix anything
There is a short story by Theodore Sturgeon about a man who can fix anything, by feeling around it (like getting vibes), and then whacking it in just the right place. The story is told from the point ...
Theodore Sturgeon (?) story about a space cadet
I am 80% sure this story is by Sturgeon, but I can't find it (his titles are not very helpful).
The protagonist has a brother or frenemy who is a cadet at a space academy. When the space cadet comes ...
What do you call one who believes in a higher power but doesn't call it “God”? [closed]
What do you call a person who believes in a higher power but doesn't call that higher power "God"? Someone who respects every religion as a subject of study, or a valid belief system, but does not ...
- It doesn't matter. I mean, the distance between "carnal interludes" and what I would call it isn't really susceptible to compromise. No importa, digo, la distancia entre "interludios carnales" y como lo llamaría no es posible encontrar un intermedio.
- My friends call me Tess, but my employees call me Theresa. Mis amigos me llaman Teté, pero mis empleados me llaman Teresa.
- My name is Theresa, but my friends call me Tess. Mi nombre es Teresa, pero mis amigos me llaman Teresita.
- It's clear he doesn't like my compromise, but he seems resigned.
- El periódico publicó un editorial sobre las consecuencias del "brexit". The newspaper ran an editorial on the consequences of Brexit.
- Mr. van der Ziel (Observer for the Netherlands) said that article 27 was already a compromise text, and the Commission should adhere to the compromise. El Sr. van der Ziel (Observador de los Países Bajos) dice que el artículo 27 ya es un texto de transacción, y que la Comisión debe adherir a ella.
- I have nevertheless accepted the compromise put forward by Mr Daul based on common sense, like a good agriculturist, because I consider it to be a well-balanced compromise. Sin embargo, he aceptado el compromiso presentado por el Sr. Daul basado en el sentido común, como un buen agricultor, porque considero que es un compromiso bien equilibrado.
- He certainly doesn't call me 11 times. Ciertamente no me llama 11 veces.
- He's what I would call a doer... he doesn't talk so much. Es lo que yo llamaría un hacedor... no habla mucho.
- She waits by the phone all day but he doesn’t call.
Bastard sturgeon: The bastard sturgeon, fringebarbel sturgeon, ship sturgeon, spiny sturgeon, or thorn sturgeon is a species of fish in the Acipenseridae family.
Alison Di Rollo: Alison Di Rollo QC is the Solicitor General for Scotland. She was nominated for the post by Scottish first minister Nicola Sturgeon on 31 May 2016 as part of the formation of the second Sturgeon government, following the 2016 Scottish Parliament election.
White sturgeon: White sturgeon are a species of sturgeon in the family Acipenseridae. They are also referred to by location, such as Pacific sturgeon, Kootenai River sturgeon, Columbia River sturgeon, and California white sturgeon.
Dabry's sturgeon: Dabry's sturgeon is a species of fish in the sturgeon family, Acipenseridae. Other common names include Yangtze sturgeon, Chiangjiang sturgeon, and river sturgeon. It is endemic to the Yangtze River Basin in China. It was a food fish of commercial importance.
European sea sturgeon: The European sea sturgeon, also known as the Atlantic sturgeon or common sturgeon, is a species of sturgeon previously found on most coasts of Europe. It is anadromous and breeds in rivers. It is currently a critically endangered species.
Brexit: The Movie: Brexit: The Movie is a 2016 British documentary film written and directed by Martin Durkin, advocating for the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union, commonly called Brexit.
Lake sturgeon: The lake sturgeon, also called rock sturgeon, is a North American temperate freshwater fish, one of about 25 species of sturgeon.
Coast Guard Station Sturgeon Bay: Coast Guard Station Sturgeon Bay is a United States Coast Guard station located on Lake Michigan and the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal in the Town of Sturgeon Bay in Door County, Wisconsin, just outside the city of Sturgeon Bay.
Starry sturgeon: The starry sturgeon also known as stellate sturgeon or sevruga, is a species of sturgeon. It is native to the Black, Azov, Caspian and Aegean sea basins, but it has been extirpated from the last and it is predicted that the remaining natural population will follow soon due to overfishing.
Russian sturgeon: The Russian sturgeon, also known as the diamond sturgeon or Danube sturgeon, is a species of fish in the Acipenseridae family. It is found in Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, and Ukraine.
No messing from Nicola Sturgeon on #Marr this morning... As always... #Brexit #IndyRef2: No messing from Nicola Sturgeon on #Marr this morning... As always... #Brexit #IndyRef2
Will Nicola Sturgeon call indyref2 in 2018?: Will Nicola Sturgeon call indyref2 in 2018?
Image copyright Reuters Image caption Nicola Sturgeon waved away any talk of indyref2 during her Brexit...: Image copyright Reuters Image caption Nicola Sturgeon waved away any talk of indyref2 during her Brexit press conference There is a sentence frequently heard in the House of Commons. It is along the lines of “I refer my honourable friend to the reply I