Catalan President could be jailed for 30 years as Spain dispose regional government
- [07-12] #Spain moves to seize control of #Catalan government, call regional elections
- [12-10] Spain gives #Catalan separatists deadline to back down on independence or face deposing of regional government
- [02-10] The #Catalan regional government is holding an emergency meeting to discuss the next steps towards declaring independence from #Spain
- [02-10] #Spain:
#Catalan Regional President #analyses the prosperous northeastern region’s future
- [03-11] Today #Spain charged the entire #Catalan cabinet with sedition jailed eight and ordered extradition of 5 more including the president @KRLS
- [15-10] #Catalan regional government president Carles Puigdemont expected to announce whether independence has been declared or not tomorrow morning
- [11-10] SPAIN'S GOVERNMENT GIVES UNTIL MONDAY OCT. 16 TO #CATALAN PRESIDENT TO CONFIRM WHETHER HE DECLARED INDEPENDENCE OR NOT - MEDIA
- [03-11] same #Spain !The last #Catalan president-in-exile was Josep Tarradellas, who had served in the #Catalonia government before the civil war.
- [01-10] BREAKING: Head of Catalan regional government: Catalan citizens have won right for independent state
- [04-11] Belgium vs Spain #Catalan President extradition dispute "could run for months, if not years." @eucopresident
- [20-09] #Breaking | #Catalan regional government head says condemns totalitarian attitude of Spanish government
- [16-10] Head of #catalan regional police will find out in hr if he to be jailed. Josep Lluis # Trapero accused of sedition around referendum
- [07-10] ?"Let's talk" rallies across Spain seek to defuse #Catalan crisis. But government of Spain…
- [04-11] A good article to help you make your own opinion on #Spain / #Catalunya with 8 #Catalan leaders jailed
- [03-11] .@JustinRaimondo sPain just jailed w/o bail, 7-8 of the #Catalan cabinet. Why no "Catalnoia" sect on the site? Political prisoners in EU.
- [01-10] ?Regional police standing up for Catalan people. ?
The world is watching #SPAIN #EU
- [03-11] 83 years ago the government of #Catalonia was jailed.
- [02-10] #Spain #CatalanReferendum
In the aftermath of the controversial secession vote, Catalan regional gvt convened extr…
- [07-10] The highest court in #Spain has suspended Monday's sitting of the #Catalan regional parliament following #independence
- [06-10] Catalan regional parliament defies #Spain injunction to meet Oct. 9 and discuss secession, @Reuters.…
- [20-09] Top aide to Catalan vice-president arrested over referendum @daniele_wion @WIONews #CATALAN #SPAIN #REFERENDUM
- [06-11] We call on Spain to release the 9 #Catalan jailed political leaders! This is a political issue, not judicial
- [29-09] Spain’s Government Says No on Catalan Independence Vote
- [17-11] Former Catalan regional president, Carles Puigdemont, due in court in Belgium. Judge in Brussels to consider extrad…
- [06-10] Spain: government apologises for policing of #Catalan referendum
- [02-10] #Catalan government: 90% of voters said ‘Yes’ to independence from #Spain.
- [15-10] Spanish police ready to arrest #Catalan President #Puigdemont if he declares independence in the regional Parliament
- [02-10] #Catalonia #CatalanReferedendum
90% of voters said ‘Yes’ to independence from #Spain – Catalan government
- [20-09] #Spain - #Catalan government officials arrested amid referendum row
- [20-09] Spain national police raid #Catalan government headquarters, via @FT
- [01-10] Outstanding!!! 90% of voters said ‘Yes’ to independence from Spain – Catalan government. #Catalonia
- [10-01] Hmm. #Catalan separatists to re-elect #Puigdemont as regional leader
- Catalan ex-president, 4 others in custody in Brussels Demonstrators holding banners that read in Catalan: “Freedom for the Political Prisoners”, gather during a protest against the decision of a judge to jail ex-members of the Catalan government.:: Brussels prosecutors said on Sunday that ousted Catalan president Carles Puigdemont and four ex-regional ministers were taken into custody to start the process of their possible extradition to Spain.T… View On WordPress
- Spain moves to block Catalan referendum, police arrest senior officialsCatalan referendum supporters protest Spanish police raided Catalan government offices and arrested officials Wednesday to stop a banned referendum on independence, an action the regional president said meant Madrid had effectively taken over his administration. Hundreds of protesters gathered outside the regional government offices in the center of Barcelona’s tourist district, waving the…View On WordPress
- Catalonia referendum in Spain sees Catalan president to hold meeting on declaration of independence [ad_1]BARCELONA, Spain — Catalonia’s government will hold a closed-door Cabinet meeting Monday to discuss the next steps in its plan to declare independence from Spain following a disputed referendum marred by violence. Regional officials say the vote, which Spain insists was illegal and invalid, shows that a majority favor secession.The referendum debacle brought both Spain and Catalonia…View On WordPress
- Spain sacks Catalan government after independence declaration [ad_1] BARCELONA/MADRID (Reuters) – The Madrid governing administration sacked Catalonia’s president and dismissed its parliament on Friday, hrs following the area declared alone an independent country in Spain’s gravest political crisis considering the fact that the return of democracy 4 a long time in the past. A new regional election will be held in Catalonia on Dec. 21, Key Minister… View On WordPress
- Spanish prosecutor accuses sacked Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont of rebellion Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont. (Photo: Reuters) Related News Catalan ex-leader Carles Puigdemont to speak in Brussels as asylum rumors grow Greek government in spat with Spain’s ambassador over Catalonia Spanish government sacks Catalan chief of police operationsSpain’s state prosecutor accused sacked Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont on Monday of rebellion and sedition as the former… View On WordPress
- Spain imprisoned two leaders advocating the referendum, the president of the ANC, Jordi Sànchez, as well as the president of Òmnium Cultural, Jordi Cuixart, They were supposedly charged for creating a “revolt” and imprisoned in order to stop a repeat and to prevent the possible destruction of evidence. They are currently held without the possibility of bail in Guardia Civil, a penitentiary in Soto de Real. Not only did this action worsen diplomatic relations it also almost guaranteed that more and more Catalan people will want to split of from Spain, even those that didn’t care or want to do so before. Meaning that Spain somehow single-handedly managed to turn the tables on itself. Before there was a quite big part of the Catalan populace that was against a declaration of independence that will now most likely join the other camp. Not to mention the global backlash that Spain brought on itself. Instead of calming the “Catalan revolutionists” by making promises and so on, they effectively shot their own leg with a row of stupid decisions that made them lose face.
- Catalan leaders, both for and against independence, called on the European Commission Thursday to mediate in the standoff between Catalonia and Madrid over the regional government’s plan to hold a referendum on breaking away from Spain.The EU can’t be seen to mingle with internal affairs of a member sate, but mediate they can, and asking them to do so is certainly the right thing! In my opinion the current independence referendum is wrong. The last thing Europe needs is yet another referendum full of wishful thinking and fairy tales. But I can’t blame the Catalans for holding it, since Spain doesn’t allow them to have a proper one! Looking at pictures like these, clearly something needs to happen:I hope Spain sees the need to grant the people of Catalan a proper referendum. One where they sit down and first lay out what a future relationship with Spain and the EU will look like. Giving the people of Catalonia a real option to make an informed decision. And for Spain to peacefully recognize it. Latest polls I’ve seen suggest that a slim majority is actually against independence, but an overwhelming majority of Catalans are in favour of holding a referendum.
- How the Catalan economy benefited under Franco – and what this means for the ongoing stalemate The Spanish central government has temporarily suspended Catalan autonomy using Article 155. This unprecedented and controversial measure enables the Spanish government to take over running of the region and to trigger regional elections to the Catalan parliament. The outcome of such elections may likely be a balance of power between separatist and anti-separatist forces very similar to the… View On WordPress
Catalan President could be jailed for 30 years as Spain dispose regional government
Catalinia's been pushing for independence for Century.Would it result in problem akin to Scotland breaking from the UK.Why small progress?
Where indeed is "Catalinia"? Do you mean "Catalonia" in north-eastern Spain?
Note that several parts of Spain have regional claims, and that in recent years the central government of Spain has carried out many projects intended to quell those several voices of "independence".
What are the pro's and con's of a Catalan indepandance for Spain?
Please help, what is the analysis of the approaches to independence by Northern Italy and Catalan. and also explain?
I'm northern Italian, so I can help you with my country. I'm not Catalan, I just know they don't feel Spanish because they speak another language and have another culture.
There is a huge difference between northern Italy and Catalunya as northern Italy didn't exist until early 1900s. Before the unification of Italy, the north wasn't an united group, they were many ethnic groups, each one with a different local romance language (nowadays wrongly called dialects of Italian, but it's false), and different cultures. North-west and north-east Italy had different way of thinking and behaviour, I can tell you for sure as my family is from north-east but I live in north-west, until 1960s both of them felt different people.
Northern Italy as a whole wanted to get independence from the rest of the country for financial reasons. Northern Italy is richer than the south and Italian government forces us to pay a lot of taxes, many of them are used to support the south. After about 50 years of support, the south never changed its situation and northerners were tired of give up a lot of their money, so the Lega North party tried to separate north to south...just with words.
They remained in the government for 20 years just to do nothing but to fill their pockets.
There is no comparison with Catalan politics who risk to end in jail to gain idependence from Spain.
There are many northern Italian parties who really desire to gain independence from Italy for cultural reasons. They look like Catalans. They don't feel Italian. This is because not all Italians wanted to join Italy, many of them were forced to join the country, so they have been passing along their anti-Italian feelings to their descendants.
These people are in Veneto and Valle d'Aosta.
It's interesting to note that back in 1990s two Venetians just locked them up in a Bell tower in Venice, stating in a megaphone that Veneto wasn't Italian, they just felt Venetian and Veneto needed to separate from Italy. They didn't hurt no one, yet Italian government put them in prison for a few years.
Not very different from the situation in Catalunya after their referendum.
I'm English. I don't apologise for that. When asked for a nationality on forms I always put British. I can understand some of the feelings that make devolution popular for the Scots but it has always seemed to me that the people who advocate it are looking backwards not forwards.
We have been a british people for hundreds of years. The UK was formed 301 years ago! I believe that we are inter dependant and that that is a good thing.
Regional assemblies seem to work and gives control of aspects of government to the local people. That seems good.
In times of trouble we have pulled together as one nation and I think that it is the best way forward.
A fully devolved Scotland would not be able to sustain the benefits it has seen with partial governance under the regional assembly. The national income could not cope.
That is my view. Obviously there will be others! LOL
How can a president serve ten years?
They can't. You have it backwards. If a current president resigns, dies, gets impeached, etc. the vice president automatically becomes president. If there are exactly two years left in the term, the VP--now president--can serve the two years PLUS run in the next two presidential elections, for a grand total of ten years. However, if it's even one day over the initial two years, he or she CANNOT run in the second presidential election, effectively being limited to six years and a day.
Political leaders attempt to shut down nazis because they want to "protect democracy". Does anyone see the hypocrisy here?
The last Nazi was jailed a few years ago when he was an old frail man close to the end of his life, He was jailed because he was a book keeper for the Nazis when he was 17 In his time we dont know if he had an option, A Jewish lady was the only one that thought it was disgusting what they were doing to him and couldnt beleive it. Does that make you happy?
Separatist party ousted from Catalan government says it will run in regional election called by Spain BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Separatist party ousted from Catalan government says it will run in regional election called by Spain.
Defiant Catalan leader calls for peaceful protests after Spain's takeover of regional government Catalan leaders are calling for peaceful opposition to the Spanish government’s takeover of the regional parliament on Saturday.
Catalan regional parliament declares independence from Spain
Spain to Sue Catalan President for 'Disobedience and Dishonesty' Spain is to sue Catalan president Artur Mas after he defied a court injunction not to hold a vote on secession, potentially barring him from running in regional elections
Deposed Catalan president offers to meet Rajoy, but not in Spain Carles Puigdemont, who faces arrest if he returns to Spain, says he will meet Mariano Rajoy in any other EU countryThe deposed Catalan president, Carles Puigdemont, on Friday offered to meet the Spanish prime minister anywhere but in Spain, the day after pro-independence parties held onto their majority in snap regional elections.S..
Spain fires Catalan government following declaration of independence Carles Puigdemont and cabinet formally removed from posts as Mariano Rajoy faces challenge of implementing takeover Madrid has taken direct control of Catalonia for the first time in nearly four decades, firing the regional government and dismissing the head of the local police force, after the Catalan parliament made a unilateral declaration of independence. Carles Puigdemont and his cabinet were formally removed from their posts, and their powers and responsibilities taken over by central government in notices posted to the official state bul
Spain fires Catalan government after declaration of independence Carles Puigdemont and cabinet formally removed from posts as Mariano Rajoy faces challenge of implementing takeover Madrid has taken direct control of Catalonia for the first time in nearly four decades, firing the regional government and dismissing the head of the local police force, after the Catalan parliament made a unilateral declaration of independence. Carles Puigdemont and his cabinet were formally removed from their posts, and their powers and responsibilities taken over by central government in notices posted to the official state bul
Spain: government apologises for policing of Catalan referendum Senior official speaks out after seeing images of police intervention but says Catalan president Carles Puigdemont and his government are to blame ....
Catalan government says 90 percent voted to leave Spain
Spain’s attorney general refuses to rule out arrest of Catalan president Carles Puigdemont could face action, says attorney general, as Catalonia prepares to defy Madrid by holding independence vote Spain’s attorney general has refused to rule out the possibility of arresting the Catalan president, as the region’s pro-sovereignty government prepares to defy Madrid by holding an independence referendum on Sunday. José Manuel Maza said that Carles Puigdemont could face action for disobedience, breaching public duties and misuse of public funds for proceeding with the poll after Spain’s constitutional court sus
Catalan government accuse Spain of acting like North Korea Spain's government said on Tuesday police would take control of voting booths in Catalonia, and have allegedly blocked independence information websites in order to thwart the referendum.
Catalonia independence: Spain takes charge of Catalan government Control of Catalonia is handed to Spain's deputy PM as the region's autonomous powers are removed.
How the Catalan government uses IPFS to sidestep Spain's legal block
Catalan mayors defy Spain's government over independence vote Catalan mayors have vowed to facilitate an independence referendum despite risk of arrest. Spain's central government is cracking down ahead of the October 1 vote it says is illegal.
@Reuters: Catalan government says 90 percent voted to leave Spain
[Top Stories] - Catalan government says 90 percent voted to leave Spain | NBC
Catalan crisis: President Carles Puigdemont calls for independence talks with Spain Catalan President Carles Puigdemont has told the regional parliament that Catalonia should declare independence, but suspend the effects of the referendum to facilitate dialogue with Madrid.
Catalan president stops short of declaring independence, calls for further dialogue with Spain
Spain’s Guardia Civil raids Catalan government HQ amid referendum row Officers search economy, foreign affairs and presidency buildings in Barcelona in run-up to banned independence vote Spanish police officers have raided three Catalan regional government departments and arrested 12 senior officials as Madrid steps up its battle to stop an independence referendum being held in less than two weeks’ time . On Wednesday morning, a spokesman for the regional government said Guardia Civil officers were searching the Barcelona offices of the presidency and the ministries of economic affairs and foreign relations.
[Spain] Catalan government says millions will turn out for referendum | The Guardian via r/worldanarchism
Catalan government urges Europe to sanction Spain for "tarnishing the EU’s image
Catalan president attacks Spain's 'unjustified' referendum violence and says it projects 'dreadful image
Catalan President sacked by Madrid calls for peaceful resistance to Spain’s power takeover Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont, who was fired by the Spanish government over the province’s declaration of independence, has called on the people to non-violently resist Madrid’s takeover bid. Read Full Article at RT
Spain Files Charges Against Catalan Government For Rebellion; Puigdemont Runs To Brussels Spain’s Director of Public Prosecutions, Jose Manuel Maza, made a short statement this morning as he filed a suit against former Catalonian leader, Carles Puigdemont and his colleagues, accusing them of “rebellion, sedition and misuse of public funds”. In total, charges have been made against 20 people, 14 of them former members of the Catalan and six of them members of the Speaker’s Committee in the Catalan Parliament (which facilitated the declaration of independence). <br/><br/>Below is the front page of the document whi
Prayer for the Government if the President or VP is female
The prayer Hanosen Teshuah as recited in the US has the line את הנשיא ואת משנהו. To me, these terms sound masculine. If the President and/or Vice President of the United States were female, would this ...
Why is it “A president,” not “The president” in the sentence, “Voters re-elected a president who promised to fight for …”?
The New York Times article (November 9) titled, “The Fiscal Cliff Opener” begins with the following sentence.
“On Tuesday, voters re-elected a president who promised to fight
for higher taxes on ...
Will a verbal ban from Spain 30+ years ago prevent my husband from taking a cruise out of Barcelona?
My husband was arrested 30 years ago in Spain while serving in the military, stayed one year on base and was "told" never to come back to Spain. This happened in his early 20's and they kept him on base, not in a Spanish prison. He did not get anything official, just someone saying never to come back to Spain. Fast forward to "He grew up" and is now 57 with a sick wife... we want to cruise on the Mediterranean, but everything that we are interested in is out of Barcelona. Is he indeed banned or is there a way to find out?Additional info provided by the OP in a comment... He was about to leave to go home after serving in the Navy for 4 years...less than 24 hours before he was to leave, they all went to a party, and the locals had hash there, he was not found in possession but arrested and had to stay on base for one year in Spain and then go home. All we want to do is go on a cruise and they all take off out of Spain
Did a building supervisor in Spain get fined for not showing up to work for six years, unnoticed?
In this 2016 Huffington Post article, it says:
For six years, a building supervisor in Spain quietly collected a $41,500 salary from his local government without showing up for work.
And he ...
Carryback losses from NOL, does the government give you refunds for prior tax years?
In the concept of carryback losses from Net Operating Losses (NOL), does the IRS go back to old prior year tax filings and give you a refund on them?
If so, that is awesome! What does the process ...
How to bet on Japanese government bonds interest rate going up in the coming years?
Is there a way for a private individual investor to bet on Japanese Government bonds interest rate going up in the coming years?
What is the name of the of government that carefully divided between a central government and several regional or provincial government?
What is 'Office of the Legitimate Government of Catalonia' when translated from English to Catalan?
What is a form of government in which a constitution distributes powers between a central government and smaller regional governments?
What did Tomas Jefferson do with the people who criticized the government and were jailed?
What did thomas Jefferson do with he pwople who critiziesd the government and were jailed.?
Why are the biggest criminals only jailed for a few years in Europe?
How has Spain greatly influenced the regional area of Central America?
What us vice-president said 'some newspapers dispose of their garbage by printing it'?
Who was the president that diplomatically recognized the Vietnam government twenty years after the Vietnam war ended?
Lyndon B Johnson
What is the name of regional government body of basketball?
Who was the president when president nixson was vice president the civil war happened durind what years?
EIsenhower was presidentCivil war was 1861-1865
Do you think that a foreign government has the right to suppress writings in regional languages?
Who was the Vice-President in 1973 for Geico insurance company in the Woodbury Regional office in ny?
What South Asian religions would have benefited most from the creation of a single regional government by the british?
What South Asian religions would have benefited most from the creation of a single regional government by the british?
I married a man from Spain 2 years ago.can I divorce him and marry another man from turkey.Spain man has 2 year conditional.And how long do I have to wait to marry again and bring Turkish to Florida?
What President Nixon and call for a new partnership between federal government and state government is?
In 1940 and 1941 President Franklin D. Roosevelt formalized U.S. aid to China. The U.S. Government extended credits to the Chinese Government for the purchase of war supplies as it slowly began to tig?
- In Spain, the Valencia regional government has for two years now been planning to build a road between the localities of Cabanes and Orpesa. El Gobierno Autonómico valenciano está impulsando desde hace años la construcción de un vial entre las localidades de Cabanes y Orpesa.
- (c) The Government of Spain, which contributed 50,000 euros to defraying the costs of the regional UN-SPIDER workshop in Quito; c) Gobierno de España, que aportó 50.000 euros para sufragar los gastos del curso práctico regional de ONU-SPIDER celebrado en Quito;
- The measure constituted a complement to regional aid granted in 1994 by Spain under Law 50/85 of 27 December on regional incentives to remedy inter-regional economic imbalances (LIR), approved by the Commission. La medida constituyó un complemento a la ayuda regional concedida en 1994 por España conforme a la Ley 50/85, de 27 de diciembre, de incentivos regionales para la corrección de desequilibrios económicos interterritoriales (LIR), aprobada por la Comisión.
- Rapporteur Martin Menis (ES, ELDR), President of the Canary Islands Regional Government. Ponente: Martín Menis (ES-ELDR), Presidente del Gobierno de las Islas Canarias.
- Galician and Catalan are two Latin languages spoken in Spain. El gallego y el catalán son dos lenguas latinas habladas en España.
- Three years after the signing of the Nouméa Accord and two years after establishment of the new institutions, a new phase had begun with the election of a new Government which included a Vice-President who was a member of the Front de libération nationale A tres años de la firma del Acuerdo de Numea y a dos años del establecimiento de las nuevas instituciones, se había iniciado una nueva etapa con la elección de un nuevo gobierno, cuya Vicepresidenta pertenecía al Frente de Liberación Nacional Kanak Social
- He was jailed for three years.
- The ringleaders were jailed for 15 years.
- is an Internet domain owned by the Consorci Catalan Films & TV, with registered address in the city of Barcelona (Spain), at Carrer Mestre Nicolau, 23, ent. es un dominio de Internet de propiedad de Consorci Catalan Films & TV con domicilio social en la ciudad de Barcelona (España), calle Mestre Nicolau, núm. 23, ent.
- He was jailed for 15 years for stabbing his wife to death.
Catalan President could be jailed for 30 years as Spain dispose regional government - BREAKING NEWS TODAY: Catalan President could be jailed for 30 years as Spain dispose regional government ...
Spain's Catalan regional government risks suspension or jail over secession bid - More than 200000 people took to the streets in Barcelona on Tuesday, demanding the release of two men they consider political prisoners after they were ...
Catalan ministers of the elected Catalan government going to jail in Spain. - This is the Spanish solution to the Catalan conflict. Spain is a low level democracy or even less. They are putting in jail half of the Catalan government elected ...
Spain has just jailed eight sacked catalan ministers for declaring independence - Thanks a lot for watching © Copyright by Latest News ☞ Do not Reup.
US Newspapers - Spain has just jailed eight sacked catalan ministers for declaring independence - Spain has just jailed eight sacked catalan ministers for declaring independence Eight sacked Catalan ministers have been jailed by a Spanish judge over their ...
Josep-Lluís Carod-Rovira: Josep-Lluís Carod-Rovira, was born 17 May 1952 in Cambrils, Spain was the Vice-president of the Catalan Regional Government from 2006 to 2010. From 1996 to 2008 he was the leader of ERC Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya.
2017 Spanish constitutional crisis: The 2017 Spanish constitutional crisis, also known as the Catalan crisis, is an ongoing political conflict between the Government of Spain and the Government of Catalonia under President Carles Puigdemont—the legal government of Catalonia until 28 October 2017—over the issue of Catalan independence, starting after the law intending to allow the 2017 Catalan independence referendum was denounced by the Spanish government under Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy and subsequently suspended by the Constitutional Court until it ruled on the issue.
Events of October the 6th: The Events of October 6th were an insurrectional movement of Catalonia's autonomous government against the conservative involution of the republican regime of Spain, on October 6th of 1934, when president Lluís Companys proclaimed the Catalan State of the Spanish Federal Republic.
Pere Esteve: Pere Esteve i Abad was a Catalan Spanish politician, belonging to the political organisation Catalunya 2003, who became Deputy of Trade, Tourism and Consumer Affairs at the Catalan regional Government proposed by the Republican Left of Catalonia party, with which he ran to the autonomic elections of the 2003.
Events of 6 October 1934: The Events of 6 October 1934 were an insurrectional movement of Catalonia's autonomous government against the conservative involution of the republican regime of Spain, on 6 October 1934, when president Lluís Companys proclaimed the Catalan State of the Spanish Federal Republic.
Oriol Junqueras: Oriol Junqueras i Vies is a Catalan nationalist politician, historian and academic. A former mayor of the municipality of Sant Vicenç dels Horts in north-eastern Spain, Junqueras served as Vice President of Catalonia from January 2016 to October 2017 when he was removed from office following the Catalan declaration of independence.
Pau Claris i Casademunt: Pau Claris i Casademunt was a Catalan lawyer, clergyman and 94th President of the Deputation of the General of Catalonia at the beginning of the Catalan Revolt. On January 16, 1641, he proclaimed the Catalan Republic under the protection of France.
Catalan Way 2014: The Catalan Way 2014, or "V", was a large gathering in Barcelona on 11 September 2014, the National Day of Catalonia, in support of the Catalan self-determination referendum of 2014 and of Catalan independence from Spain.
Catalan Central Depression: The Catalan Central Depression is a natural depression between the Pre-Pyrenees and the Catalan Pre-Coastal Range in Spain. It widens towards the west, linking with the Ebro Depression, Catalan: Depressió de l'Ebre, of which it could be considered an eastern extension.
Catalan Way: The Catalan Way, also known as the Catalan Way towards Independence, was a 400-kilometre human chain in support of Catalan independence from Spain.
Catalan Pro-Independence Parties May Win Regional Election - Poll
Catalan government adopted...: Catalan Pro-Independence Parties May Win Regional Election - PollAfter theCatalan government adopted a resolution on the region's independence fromSpain, Madrid introduced the direct governance of Catalonia and set the datefor regional elections. Pro-Cataloniaindependence parties are on course to win the regional ele...
Former Catalan regional President Carles Puigdemont said he was open to a solution to the Catalan crisis...: Former Catalan regional President Carles Puigdemont said he was open to a solution to the Catalan crisis that did not involve the region breaking away from Spain, Belgian paper Le Soir reported Monday.
Spain: Sanchez' lawyer speaks to press as trial of jailed Catalan leaders continues: Spain: Sanchez' lawyer speaks to press as trial of jailed Catalan leaders continues