World's oldest eye' found on 530 million-year-old fossil
Researchers spotted a compound eye on the remains of a long-extinct sea creature.
- [01-10] China ICO Ban: Worlds Oldest Bitcoin Exchange Shuts Its Doors -
- [17-12] Paul Manafort looks like the worlds oldest kewpie doll #paulmanafort
- [28-09] Rest in peace #HughHefner, the worlds oldest and original #playboy. A legend of our time,
- [19-09] Toys 'R' Us a Case Study: Too Much #Debt, #Credit & Leverage. FAO Schwarz NYC worlds most famous toy# store, oldest in US:
- [22-11] Enormous Extinct Sea Cow Fossil Found on Russian Island
- [24-09] Imagine having a 'The time i found my first fossil' story.. #DesertIslandDiscs #scienceandthat
- [06-12] #LitteFoot 20 years after it was found at #Sterkfontein this fossil has been completely cleaned and reconstructed #Wits da
- [28-09] World's oldest #house found?! Of course, built of stone!
- [15-11] Oldest evidence of life on #Earth found in #Australia
- [08-12] Scientists just found the oldest known black hole, and it’s a monster.#ScienceWeek #science
- [03-11] .@ENERGY head #RickPerry says fossil fuels prevent sexual assault, also doesn’t know what a fossil fuel is →…
- [24-08] #travel NatGeo: A fossil found in South Carolina revealed a new ancient dolphin species that slurped its food inst
- [28-09] #Scientists SuddenlyNoticing #BettyWhite Hurried To GetEvidence Saying They've Found 'Oldest Evidence' OfLifeOnEart…
- [13-08] #Amazing! Interviewing #uk #oldest people! Found 2 men born same day March 1908! We film lady, 108, dad sunk on HMS Ma
- [08-12] It felt like two worlds colliding when I found out that lovely Twitter man and #COYS friend @greg_jenner was on my…
- [23-09] You're gonna hear me talking about ardent way too much during worlds this year... wondering if anyone has found a good way 2 ctr #Worlds2017
- [24-09] Great #bergen2017 Worlds for @iamspecialized 's new Tarmac – winning bike for both men & women's race. I found it p…
- [02-11] Rick Perry thinking Fossil Fuels will help prevent rape is as likely as Fossil Fuels preventing climate change. A+…
- [12-10] #bbcqt oldest languages of Britain helped by law in Wales and Scotland why not do same for Ireland's oldest language.
- [30-09] The second oldest player in the Premier League scored today.
The oldest can't tomorrow, surely? #bhafc
- [30-09] The second oldest player in the Premier League scored today. The oldest can't tomorrow, surely? #bhafc
- [26-01] #ChristopherPlummer, 88, is now oldest #Oscars nominee w/ his nod for #AllTheMoneyInTheWorld. He's also oldest Osca…
- [25-12] The Oldest national flag (#Denmark).-Fastest bird =(#Swift)-The oldest capital city Is#Damascus-Most poison…
- [08-10] Lewis Hamilton has until age 57 to attempt/win the #Indy500. (AJ Foyt is oldest driver; Al Unser Sr. is the oldest Indy winner) #IndyCar #F1
- [30-01] @LiveScience Fascinating though factually incorrect; #chess was invented in #india - oldest chess set ever found is…
- [23-12] 42-year-old Roger Milla in 1994 became the oldest goal scorer and the oldest player in World Cup history. #FIFA #WorldCup
- [27-07] St. Cecilia's Hall, Scotland's oldest purpose-built concert hall and hidden gem found in the Cowgate • #Edinburgh
- [25-11] I know it’s late but oh well, I am so hyped for worlds! Get the worlds! #TSMWIN @TSMBestChuckNa @TSMFlashX @TSMVONC…
- [12-10] #8: New Worlds: New Worlds Bill Murray & Jan Vogler | Format: MP3 Music (6) Download: $11.49…
- [05-10] #6: New Worlds: New Worlds Bill Murray & Jan Vogler | Format: MP3 Music (5) Download: $11.49…
- [04-10] #5: New Worlds: New Worlds Bill Murray & Jan Vogler | Format: MP3 Music (5) Download: $11.49…
- [20-11] New Donk City is dope, but worlds end so quickly in #MarioOdyssey . I feel like if this game had larger worlds with…
- [22-12] @BBCSport Making him the worlds highest paid goalkeeper doesn’t make him the worlds best keeper #Degea No 1
- [04-11] This is how New Mexico Tech does worlds. #worlds #Worlds2017 @lolesports #TSMWIN
- This Fossil analog watch features a classy round dial which is accentuated by the stainless steel bezel. There are three sub-dials which help with the … Fossil Watch Men Accessories Needed! on Pinterest | Fossil Watches Mens, Fossil …Men’s chronograph watches store FOSSIL JR1353 Nate Chronograph … Nice fossil watches on Pinterest | Fossil Watches Mens, Stainless … Watches on Pinterest | Fossil Watches Mens, Men’s watches and … Black watch for men | Where to buy Fossil Men’s CH2754 Dylan Black … Watches on Pinterest | Omega Seamaster, Max Bill and… View On WordPress
- Meine Fossilien-Sammlung | My fossil collection  Bernstein - fossiles Baumharz | Amber - fossil tree resin Manche Stücke...
- Bactrite Fossil | #Geology #GeologyPage #FossilLocation: Arkona Formation of Ontario, Canada. Size: 17mmPhoto Copyright ©...
- Coral fossil I found along the NJ shore shown natural/flash
- Fossil fuels subsidized $5.3 trillion per year according to IMF On the heels of a U.N. report which exposed almost no global industry as being profitable when environmental costs are recognized comes a newer report for the IMF, which focuses on fossil fuels. The report calculated that fossil fuel industries (coal, gas, and oil) are being subsidized by approximately $ 5,300,000,000,000 ($ 5.3 trillion) globally. An article in the Guardian cites climate… View On WordPress
- The West Coast Fossil Park, Western Cape, South Africa While planning a touring holiday, which encompassed part of the west coast of South Africa, I spotted the words “fossil park” on the map, about 150km north of Cape Town, some distance from a village called Langebaanweg. Intrigued to find out more, I searched the Internet to determine if it was accessible to the public and, if so, its opening times. I found nothing. Not to be deterred, my husband… View On WordPress
- New Discovery Imp Skeleton Fossil Journal Entry Imp Skeleton Fossil The imp is a creature of mischief and mayhem, indeed...
- UN examines fossil fuel influence in climate talks process [ad_1] Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Green campaigners say representatives of fossil fuel industries have too much influence Campaigners say there should be greater scrutiny of industry bodies that are involved in UN climate talks.Environmental groups allege that fossil fuel industries are funding a number of business… View On WordPress
World's oldest eye' found on 530 million-year-old fossil
Researchers spotted a compound eye on the remains of a long-extinct sea creature.
Why do Creationists say that they have same proof as Evolutionist, but interpret in their own way?
The reason why Creationists say that they have same proof as Evolutionists, but interpret in their own way, is that, since the evidence actually supports evolution and refutes creationism, they must ignore the actual context of the evidence in order to make it fit the creationist "model."
For example. creationists say the fossil evidence actually supports the biblical flood because, they say, a sudden flood would be the only way those fossils could result and be preserved.
But, in doing so, they ignore the actual context of the fossil record. There are literally thousands of geological strata in layers, laid down by various processes and not just alluvial, one on top of the other, with the lowest being the oldest and the highest being the younger.
In those layers the oldest have fossils of only very simple life forms, and as one observes the fossils that appear through the strata, the life forms change over time with sequences that follow evolutionary sequences, with NO fossil of a species found in strata that was laid down before that species could possibly have evolved.
For example, the theory of evolution predicts that no fossil of a species will be found in geological strata that was laid down before that species could possibly have evolved. That has proved to be the case. All it would take to disprove evolution would be to find fossils of ANY of the 5,000 present-day species of mammals, including human, in ANY strata in which dinosaur fossils are found ANYWHERE in the world. No such fossils have EVER been found.
The only mammal fossils to be found in the same strata with dinosaur fossils are of relatively small, early species having no clear relationship to any of the present-day species. It was only after the demise of the dinosaurs 66 million years ago that the mammals came into their own and, over tens of millions of years, eventually evolved into the present-day species.
On the other hand, if the creationist flood model for the origin of the fossil record were valid, there SHOULD be such a mix of all the species of animals that have ever existed, since, according to the flood myth in the Bible all species (or "kinds") were created at the same time--and actually there should also not be the thousands of geological strata that actually exist either.
So, the creationists ignore, or are actually ignorant of, the actual nature of the fossil record, when they make their "interpretation" of that record.
As evolutionary biologist and Eastern Orthodox Christian Theodosius Dobzhansky said,
How old is planet earth?
Approximate 4.65 BILLION years. The oldest Rocks on Earth are 4.4 BILLION years old, but it took time for the crust solidify and then it was ripped off when Theia impacted the Earth and seismic waves ripped of the crust and the mantle, part of which became the Moon.
'...4.4 billion years
Jack Hills, Australia, where rocks were found to contain the oldest known minerals on Earth, a 4.4 billion-year-old zircon. Just three of the very oldest zircons have been found, ones that date back to almost 4.4 billion years ago.Feb 23, 2014..."
Is Africa the motherland of humanity?
motherland can have many different meanings, the discovery that ancient fossils in africa were the origin of today's homosapiens, has actually been challenged by the discovery of other fossils in Assyria, Spain-portugal, poland, java, and china.
which is oldest found fossil? probably this one.
Am I right in thinking that YEC's do not accept that the Chicxulub impact happened?
Yes, you are right in thinking that YEC's do not accept that the Chicxulub impact happened.
@David at Your Service shows that quite well with his response when he says it is a "possible extinct massive volcano (or something similar) at that site."
He ignores the fact that iridium is found in a thin layer in the geologic boundary between the Cretaceous and Tertiary periods and can be found in those strata all around the earth. Since iridium is much more prevalent in meteors than in the earth's crust (it is a very heavy element, and its high density and tendency to bond with iron caused most iridium to descend below the crust and into the core when the earth was young and still molten). So, the most likely source for the iridium in the K-T boundary is the impact of a massive extraterrestrial body that slammed into the earth, which resulted in the vaporization and dispersion of much of its material in the form of dust all around the earth.
Also, it is clear that the Chicxulub crater is an impact event and not a volcanic crater.
Furthermore, there are many other pieces of evidence that the event was a massive ET body and not a volcano, such as the dispersion of shocked quartz.
It is also clear from the strata everywhere in the world that the non-avian dinosaurs died out during that point in time 65 million years ago. No fossils of non-avian dinosaurs have been found in strata above the iridium deposit, and only those of early, relatively small mammals are found below that deposit. But mammals evolved into numerous forms on up to present-day species after that event, as is clear from the fossil record, all of which refutes the myth-based creationist "model" for the fossil record. If that flood were the cause of the fossil record, and humans existed along with the dinosaurs, as the creationists claim, then there should be a mix of fossils and not the order in which they are found.
But David at Your Service, being a reality hating YEC, and ignoring the evidence, just keeps on spouting his myth-based nonsense.
Birmingham,UK retain oldest train station building in World(which look ugly in isolation)to HS2 link.Do u think it's World's oldest station?
If a cheap carbon capture technology were discovered, would global warmers be happy about not needing to switch to solar and wind?
Not really, no.
What you seem to be suggesting is that, if we had a cheap way of capturing and sequestering CO2, we could go on using fossil fuels to power our economies *and* solve the global warming issue. This might be the case, but there's another aspect to it.
If you look at the costs of fossil fuels over the past 30 years, you find they are 'volatile'. They fluctuate up and down greatly. Oil is a prime example - you'd pay more than 140 dollars for a barrel in June 2008 (using 2017 dollars) and about 58 dollars today. If you look at the cost of solar or wind over the past 30 years the graph looks very different ... it's been falling and falling. In many cases, it's actually cheaper to generate power using solar and wind than fossil fuels. But don't take my word for it, take the World Economic Forum which, in January this year, reported that solar and wind were now the same price or cheaper in 30 countries than new fossil fuel capacity.
Wind and solar are not replacements for fossil fuels. They are fuel-saving technology. When you're producing lots of power using wind or solar, you can cut back on energy generated by fossil fuels. This saves those fossil fuels (and reduces your CO2 emissions). When the wind and solar aren't generating, you use your fossil fuel stations to compensate. And if wind and solar are currently the same price or cheaper, and the costs are on a downward trend, why wouldn't you want to use solar and wind to reduce costs and save fossil fuels?
Even if you ignore the global warming issue, or simply don't believe it, there are very good economic reasons why wind and solar should be included in the energy mix!
World’s oldest primitive animal fossil found in China
Half A Billion-Year-Old Fossil of World's Oldest Eye This 530 million-year-old fossilized eye is the oldest evidence of this important organ, and shows just how little the eye has changed in the past half a billion years.
70-million year old fossil found in a rock
23-million-year-old lizard fossil found
46-million-year-old mosquito fossil found
70 million-year-old snake fossil found in Gujarat
150-Million-Year-Old Feathered Dinosaur Fossil Found This makes 11 total archaeopteryx specimens.
3.5 million year old bear fossil found with tooth decay A team of experts, including the Canadian Museum of Nature, has analysed the remains of a species of bear believed to be a close relative of the ancestor of modern bear species...
Oldest African ape fossil found
Oldest human fossil found outside of Africa
Oldest known land-dweller fossil found
The Oldest Human Fossil Outside of Africa Has Been Found Indicating humans left Africa earlier than previously thought
World's oldest wine' found in 8,000-year-old jars in Georgia Pottery found near Tbilisi shows wine-making was taking place 8,000 years ago, scientists say.
Fossil of oldest flying fish found in China
Oldest primitive animal fossil found in China
Skull fossil of oldest Asian modern man found
Oldest modern human fossil outside Africa found in Israel
World’s oldest fossil mushroom discovered
Oldest ever fossil related to humans found in England's Jurassic Coast
India hosts world’s oldest algae fossil
Fossilized Fungi is World’s Oldest Land Fossil The fungi, known as Tortotubus, likely helped plants gain a foothold on land.
77-million-year-old nest and egg fossil
23-million-year old lizard fossil under observation
Scientists discover 280-million-year-old fossil forest in Antarctica
Does 0.5% of the world's population make at least $1 million USD per year? [closed]
James Touchi-Peters recently claimed in a Vice article that
One out of every 200 people on the planet makes more than a million dollars a year. That’s one half of one percent of the world ...
Are hyphens required in ' a $100 million to $150 million a year industry'?
Without recasting, would you include hyphens in any of the examples below? I think they're clear, as is, without them. If you would use hyphens, where would you put them? I know there are rules ...
Looking for a short story about a fossil found on Mars
An early (first?) expedition to Mars finds a fossil and the geologist dies trying to get it back. The story is told by a survivor of the expedition many years later after Mars has been colonized, ...
Are fossil fuels making the world greener?
The popular understanding (at least among those who are not climate skeptics) of global warming is that it is likely to create environmental catastrophe for reasons such as spreading deserts and ...
“Operate” on fossil fuels vs “Run” on fossil fules [closed]
Since our obsolete power stations still run on fossil fuels, they emit
substantial amounts of greenhouse gases.
Would it be more formal, if it is changed into the following ...
Can the oldest man in the world die?
In the news, I read
"Recently, the oldest man in the world died."
I know the intended meaning of the above sentence, but language wise it might be kind of a stretch.
Is this a sentence where the ...
- These are some of the oldest known fossil remains.
- There are those who believe clues can be found in the middle of the Nubian Desert, where researchers have discovered what may be the world's oldest megalithic complex pointing to Orion. Hay quienes creen que las pistas se pueden encontrar en medio del desierto de Nubia, donde los investigadores han descubierto lo que podría ser el complejo megalítico más antiguo del mundo que apunta a Orión.
- But somehow lancer found $3 million For red raymond's salary this year. Pero de alguna forma Lancer ha encontrado 3 millones para pagar el sueldo de Red Raymond de este año.
- A doubling of contributions, to US$ 5 million by next year and US$ 10 million by the year 2000, would make it possible to multiply activities aimed at effacing the physical and psychological effects of torture. Si las contribuciones se duplican y llegan a los 5 millones de dólares el año próximo y a 10 millones para el año 2000, podrán multiplicarse las actividades destinadas a eliminar los efectos físicos y psicológicos de la tortura.
- Three years later, another father and son duo found a 500-year-old gold pendant worth $4 million in Essex.
- Walt Disney World is one of the US's top tourist attractions, with nearly 50 million visitors a year. Walt Disney World es una de las mayores atracciones turísticas de los Estados Unidos, con casi 50 millones de visitantes anuales.
- Last year, Jet Blue made a profit of $168 million, $40 million more than the previous year.
- The company's reach has expanded from 170 million users last year to more than 500 million this year.
- The sector was allocated Rs 329 million in 2005-06, Rs 341.078 million in 2006-07 and Rs 522.767 million in the year 2007-08. En 2005-06 se asignaron al sector 329 millones de rupias; en 2006-07,341.078 millones de rupias, y en 2007-08,522.767 millones de rupias.
- Compare this with the menu at Botin, christened by the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest restaurant in the world.
Sinodelphys: Sinodelphys is an extinct mammal from the Early Cretaceous. To date, it is the oldest metatherian fossil known, estimated to be 125 million years old.
Port of Dover: The Port of Dover is the cross-channel port situated in Dover, Kent, south-east England. It is the nearest English port to France, at just 34 kilometres away, and is the world's busiest passenger port, with 16 million travellers, 2.1 million lorries, 2.8 million cars and motorcycles and 86,000 coaches passing through it each year, with an annual turnover of £58.5 million a year.
Balanus: Balanus is a genus of barnacles in the family Balanidae of the subphylum Crustacea.
This genus is known in the fossil record from the Jurassic to the Quaternary periods. Fossil shells within this genus have been found all over the world.
Yanornis: Yanornis is an extinct genus of fish-eating Early Cretaceous birds. Two species have been described, both from Liaoning province, China: Yanornis martini, based on several fossils found in the 120-million-year-old Jiufotang Formation at Chaoyang, and Yanornis guozhangi, from the 124-million-year-old Yixian Formation.
Kenyanthropus platyops: Kenyanthropus platyops is a 3.5 to 3.2-million-year-old hominin fossil discovered in Lake Turkana, Kenya in 1999 by Justus Erus, who was part of Meave Leakey's team.
Notharctus tenebrosus: Notharctus tenebrosus was an early primate from the early Eocene, some 54-38 million years ago. Its fossil was found by Ferdinand V. Hayden in 1870 in southwestern Wyoming.
Plagioolithus: Plagioolithus is an oogenus of fossil egg. It is from the Early Cretaceous of Japan. It was probably laid by a bird, making it the oldest known fossil bird egg.
Tourism in Mauricie: The Mauricie tourism represents an important sector of the economy with some 1.2 to 1.5 million visitors each year who spend more than three million nights and spend some 200 to 300 million dollars per year in tourist attractions and services.
Triadobatrachus: Triadobatrachus is an extinct genus of salientian frog-like amphibians, including only one known species, Triadobatrachus massinoti. It is the oldest member of the frog lineage known, and an excellent example of a transitional fossil. It lived during the Early Triassic about 250 million years ago, in what is now Madagascar.
Jurellana: Jurellana tithonia, the only species in the genus Jurellana, is the oldest known fossil porcelain crab. It was found in limestone rocks from the Ernstbrunn Formation in Austria, which have been dated to the Tithonian.
World's oldest #wine found at Stone Age sites in Georgia
Scientists say the oldest evidence of winemaking...: World's oldest #wine found at Stone Age sites in GeorgiaScientists say the oldest evidence of winemaking to date has been found at an archeological site in Georgia from the end of the Stone Age.Residues found in six jars at two ancient village sites dating back to between 5400 to 5000 BC show the chemical signature of wine, reports a team led by researchers at the University of Pennsylvania, the Georgian National Museum, and the University of Toronto.That makes it 600 to 1,000 years older than evidence of winemaking found in the Zagros Mountains of Iran that had previously been the oldest. (Although evidence of a "grog" made of fermented grapes, hawthorne berries, honey and rice beer has been found in Jiahu, China, from as far back as 7000 BC.)
Ancient preen oil: Researchers discover 48-million-year-old lipids in a fossil bird
As a rule, soft ...: Ancient preen oil: Researchers discover 48-million-year-old lipids in a fossil birdAs a rule, soft parts do not withstand the ravages of time; hence, the majority of vertebrate fossils consist only of bones. Under these circumstances, a new discovery from the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Messel Pit" near Darmstadt in Germany comes as an ev...
The eleventh Archaeopteryx “Geologically oldest fossil” | #Geology #GeologyPage
Researchers from Ludwig...: The eleventh Archaeopteryx “Geologically oldest fossil” | #Geology #GeologyPageResearchers from Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet (LMU) in Munich report the first description of the geologically oldest fossil securely attributable to the genus Archaeopteryx, and provide a new diagnostic key for differentiating bird-like dinosaurs from their closest relatives.Read more :