Twice as many home owners voted Conservative as Labour last month
- [12-01] @Glensailing It's not your only home.Most two or three country home owners voted without researching.Europe's pro…
- [16-12] @WestmonsterUK On the other hand if the stupid #labour supporters actually voted Conservative then maybe we would h…
- [03-11] Can the people we voted for, please stop fucking around , settle down, and run the Country ?????? #Conservative #Labour
- [16-12] @Holbornlolz Yep.I was Labour when first voted. After marriage, kids and house I changed to conservative. Now loo…
- [16-12] Last year 312 Conservative MPs voted against forcing rented homes to be made fit for human habitation. No Labour, L…
- [04-10] Heidi Allen MP pursues her own agenda in the Commons. She voted with #labour against the Conservative Govt's plan to reduce Tax Credits.
- [01-12] Conservative MPs for #plymouth refused to vote in the #WASPI motion - luckily #plymouth has a Labour MP and so I voted for
- [27-11] @TB12Terry @InsideSportsTD And after Goodell is voted back in it'll be #JerryJones wants names of owners who voted…
- [24-11] #Labour #Conservative Conservative cabinet members, who are all millionaires, do not use publicly funded educationa…
- [02-10] #bbcqt Second utterly shameless Karen Bradley lie, Labour didn't cause recession. Voted against forcing landlords let home
- [16-10] @debski2222 @jeremycorbyn @scottishlabour You now want to pretend that #Labour wasn't #Labour bet the #Labour voters voted for them.
- [01-10] @joneselizab @UKIP #Hull voted to leave #UKIP gave them that, all 3 Labour MPs voted to remain and voted against Brexit last vote.
- [05-10] The difference between a #Conservative and #Labour voter. #Tory supporters want good things for everyone, Labour just want it for themselves
- [04-10] The Conservative Party couldn't even reach 200 seats between 1997-2009. In 2017, Labour got 262. But Labour are "be…
- [22-12] @g111y @thisisamy_ @chunkymark Er no! Every election I have ever voted in I have voted Labour. I thought #Corbyn wa…
- [30-09] @AmandeepBhogal #Corbyn inspired by those who voted Labour for 1st time? The same man that voted against his own party more than 500 times!
- [25-09] @NatashaC Can somebody please remind him @theSNP voted as one against Tory austerity in the #HoC?
#Labour voted with or a
- [12-09] All @Plaid_Cymru MPs voted against the #EUWithdrawalBill tonight. 7 Labour MPs voted with the Tories and 17 abstained. Gov
- [06-12] If you voted leave in the #eureferendum & then voted for #labour, you made brexit a million times harder and it may no
- [21-07] @patronsaintofca @1GKh Basically, Yessers who voted Labour or those who voted Tory/Lab tactically just to oust
- [05-10] @JoRichardsKent You voted #Labour then you voted for a #Brexit Party
It was in their manifesto.
- [27-12] @Bubblejet Scotland voted Labour for decades and got what the English voted for, over and over again. You're not in…
- [01-11] Well done @ysongoo2 for a fantastic month for Argyle and being voted your player of the month. #pafc ?
- [26-09] @bbclaurak #labour leadership in very different place from rank and file and many of those who voted Labour in last election
- [08-10] #BBCSP Thornberry’s telling me Labour’s position is staying in. Brexiteers who voted Labour should not have done.
- [25-09] #Labour delegate keeps saying "You voted away..EU Single Market,EU protections,EU standards" No, Millions of Labour vot
- [23-07] If I'd have been living in Scotland during #indyref I'd have been a Yesser and I just voted Labour. We can broaden Labour
- [24-09] For all Labour voters who voted #Brexit
#Labour has left you now… it does not represent workers anymore, just Stude…
- [11-12] @theresa_may at #PMQs can you ask @jeremycorby as a ex @labour voter who voted #Brexit where labour stand on free m…
- [16-07] Anyone in #Birmingham who voted #Labour hold your heads in shame, it's the Labour council in Brum which is why your rubbish is still there
- [27-08] #Labour Leave (EU) MPs should have been been promoted after UK voted for #Brexit. Labour run by Remainers. (
- [12-01] @Glensailing It's not your only home.Most two or three country home owners voted without researching.Europe's pro…
- [08-01] So are the business owners the buildings owners, or has @CityOfJoburg failed to trace owners? This #JoburgRevenueBlitz might
- 50 Labour MPs could rebel against weakened leader CorbynThere is fury in the Labour party right now, at the high handed way dithering Jeremy Corbyn has abandoned 40 years of opposition to the EU. The Labour Leader has voted against every single EU treaty and denounced the EU as “a capitalist conspiracy!” Now he ignores all that, and is ordering Labour MPs to vote against the Repeal Bill to keep his job. A Labour backbencher said “The anger is this…View On WordPress
- Twilight for democracy: The Houses of Parliament are now the home of a dictatorship calling itself a Conservative government. What blatant disregard for democracy. It seems Conservative members of Parliament have been told not to bother voting in any Opposition Day debates.This would explain why the House of Commons supported both the Labour Party’s motions yesterday, without having to go to the… View On WordPress
- EAVES OF DESTRUCTION By Kate CarlisleThe Victorian Home And Garden Show is a month away from and all the owners of the homes...
- [Image from Twitter.]This is very pertinent, from Labour’s Richard Burgon: The problems with a Conservative government don’t lie solely with the choice of prime minister.When Theresa May finally accepts her P45 – for real – it will most likely be for a Conservative to replace her. That means the government will be the same as before.The same policies of impoverishment for workers and enrichment… View On WordPress
- MP says ‘better educated’ voted remain in EU referendum Image caption Barry Sheerman made his remarks on a BBC political programme A Labour MP has claimed it was “the better educated people” who voted remain in the EU referendum.Barry Sheerman, who has held the Huddersfield seat since 1979, made his comments during the BBC’s Sunday Politics programme.Mr Sheerman said: “You can actually see the pattern, nearly all the university towns voted… View On WordPress
- Labour ousted by Tories in Copeland but sees off Ukip challenge in Stoke | Politics [ad_1] Labour suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of the the Conservative party in Copeland, a heartland seat dominated by the party since 1924, just half an hour after the party saw off Ukip leader Paul Nuttall in a bitter battle for Stoke Central. Jeremy Corbyn is under mounting pressure after Labour’s Gillian Troughton was defeated by the Conservatives’ Trudy Harrison, marking the… View On WordPress
- The Conservative Party Has Lost The Pulse Of The Nation –Labour’s statist, redistributionist policies are as bad as ever, but unlike the Tories they increasingly have the pulse of the nationOnce again I find myself in the strange position of agreeing with a stridently left-wing MP in their criticism of this drifting Conservative government and the failing centrist consensus which it represents.As Jon Trickett continues to curateLabourList for the… View On WordPress
- It’s business as usual next week with Theresa May getting on with Brexit and a plan to cap energy bills – and no mention at all of the fact that her party is now trailing Labour by five points.According to the BMG poll for The Independent, Labour enjoys the support of 42 per cent of voters, while the Tories can only rely on 37 per cent.For the Conservative Party, a mid-30s poll rating is the…View On WordPress
Twice as many home owners voted Conservative as Labour last month
In retrospect, shouldn't Scotland have declared independence in 1979?
Scotland voted for home rule ( devolution) in 1979, but a Scottish born Labour MP changed the voting rules on the referendum to make dead peoples votes count.
So in 1979 51.8% of Scots that voted did so in favour of 'home rule', but this was ignored and we got years of Conservative rule.
Without a voice Scotland was made a wasteland in the 80's. Had we a parliament things would have been different as the excesses of Westminster wold have been curtailed.
Why does Scotland vote Labour so much?
I think it was to avoid a conservative rule. I'm Scottish, and I can see quite clearly that Scotland avoid voting conservative simply because of what Thatcher did. It's bitter resentment, and nothing more.
Scotland, though I do love it, it's my home and most of it's people are some of the friendliest you'll ever meet, does have it's flaws and one of the big flaws is that it has an extraordinary will to hold a grudge. We're still sore about the English invading centuries ago, and we're still bitter about Thatcher. Okay, she messed up north of the border, but lets face it, she was human, humans make mistakes all the time.
Labour has made too many mistakes this time around and it's time we let them go.
The point of voting is to do the best for one's country. Labour is NOT good for any of us right now. SNP is not much better with it's "WE WANT INDEPENDENCE" crap, and Lib dem...well there's a reason they didn't get a look in.
Who's left? In this election it was a matter of choosing the lesser of four evils...I've never voted conservative before, but I truly think it would be the better choice to get Britain out of the mess Labour has gotten it into.
I don't want independence. I love Britian, I have no right not to, given that my anscestors on my father's side are English and Welsh and Scottish.
I think it's time Britain just grew up and stopped bickering over things long past.
Why does Scotland vote Labour so much?
Actually Scotland was not the only area that voted Labour. Look at the map of the results at the link below and you'll see that the big urban areas all over the UK voted Labour, i.e. not just Glasgow but Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham, London etc. Geographically speaking, most of Scotland voted non-Labour.
So what we have is not an England/Scotland split but a city vs country split which could have some very interesting UK-wide consequences over the next few years.
The reason Labour got so many MPs is really down to the incredibly unfair voting system and the sheer horror the Tories inflicted on us in the 1980s. Just look at the number of votes each party needed per MP:
If the voting system was fairer, Scotland would have returned 24 Labour MPs, not 41.
@AdamC - Scotland is not the "least rich" part of the UK, far from it in fact. Just look at the other link below, and get your facts right before slinging mud around.
Scotland and Labour,a vote catching coincidence?
Err.... I think you're labouring under the misconception that Labour are running Scotland.
Currently the Scottish Government is being administered by the SNP, a party that is, on the whole, further left than Labour (although that's not difficult, these days) and intensely disliked by them. When I say disliked, I may be underestimating, when you consider the other main parties in Scotland are all in a clique to attempt to derail the SNP. When you see Labour and the Conservatives making common cause, you know they really don't like someone.
The policies you mention are SNP implemented and in most instances Labour voted against them as they didn't match the view of Labour in Westminster.
Admittedly, it'd be much easier to get things done up here if fewer people voted for Labour.. the SNP is a minority administration with only a three seat cushion due to being in a voting alliance with the Green Party.
And there's nothing wrong with being a cynical old git... I'm a cynical old git in training...
Are Tony and Cherie Blair Nothing But "CHAMPAGNE SOCIALISTS"?
That's utterly ridiculous. They are not and never were socialists. Their (successful) aim was to drum any socialism out of the Labour Party and to continue the monetarist policies which Thatcher started in the 1980s, with a slightly more human face.
EDIT: Ralf - I did vote for the Labour candidate in the last 4 elections. In 1997 and 2001 with a genuine belief that something different might arise. In 2005 and 2010 as an anti-Conservative vote in a Labour-Conservative marginal.
My 2015 vote will be geared only towards unseating the chinless Tory prat who is currently my MP. If Labour is best placed, that's how I'll vote.
I do hate what Blair and Brown did to the Labour Party, but worry that the party can't see that no one is genuinely excited and convinced by what they have to offer. The only positive thing which can be said about the Labour Party is that they aren't quite as shite as the other main parties.
If you want to interpret that as an unequivocal endorsement of the Labour Party, and paint me as a Labour activist, then you haven't understood a word.
Why does Scotland vote Labour so much?
Because we're stupid.
How do I know we're stupid?
Because there is a viable alternative that would ensure we'd never have to suffer the indignities of a Conservative government we never voted for ever again.
And eighty percent of votes cast in Scotland weren't for that party.
See? We're stupid. Anyone outwith that twenty percent of voters; stupid. Voting Labour, like so many fools did; stupid. Because now we've got all those Labour MP's and we STILL likely end up with a Conservative government. What therefore was the point of voting Labour? Oh wait, there wasn't one.
I'm not sure what to make of your point about the Tories having a majority of nine without Scotland. If it's intended to be a 'see, it's Scotland's fault' you're on a hiding to nothing. You could as easily blame all those seats in England who returned a Labour MP.
Edit - Sanny.. you normally vote SNP but you didn't vote... I greatly hope you've got a decent reason.
Aberdeen Tyke... do all Yorkshiremen use words like 'quite vile?' Anyway, my point. If you think Salmonds vile, I'm interested to note that you don't seem to apply the same standard to Brown or the exceptionally smarmy Cameron. Neither of whom I would trust any further than Salmond. I might be a party member but wee Eck's a politician; I don't actually trust any of them to any great degree.
Lord Ashcroft Polls: The Conservative Brand: and how voters compare the Conservative and Labour agendas
Why have men voted more for the Conservative of Canada than females?
The Australian Senate Just Voted Down All The Conservative Amendments To The Same-Sex Marriage Bill
With Manchester United at home, the Conservative Confrence and the potentially 50'000 strong anti-conservative march to join them...lets have a chat about how manchester is a no-go zone today.
Labour MP apologises for calling Conservative 'token ghetto boy Emma Dent Coad says remarks were taken wrong way after Tory assembly member condemned them as racist and hate-filled The Labour MP Emma Dent Coad has apologised for referring to a Conservative London assembly member as a “token ghetto boy” in a blogpost written before she was elected, after two Tory MPs called for the whip to be removed. Shaun Bailey, who was then Hammersmith’s Conservative parliamentary candidate, said the MP had written “racist, hate-filled remarks”.
Labour MP Barry Sheerman says ‘better educated people’ voted Remain in Brexit poll An MP has caused controversy by saying Remain voters are better educated.
Labour and Conservative records on the national debt | Isn't it nice to have the whole picture?
U.K. Conservative Party Wins Key Local Election Dealing Blow to Labour U.K. Conservative Party Wins Local Election Dealing Blow to Labour
Trudy Harrison won a seat that the center-left Labour Party had held for decades, giving Prime Minister Theresa May a boost before she formally starts the U.K.’s negotiations on leaving the European Union.
Ramil Guliyev voted European Athlete of the Month for August
Lawmakers from Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative Christian Democratic Union and the right-wing nationalist Alternative for Germany party have voted against giving financial support to relatives of people killed by a suspected far-right group.
Theresa May’s inspirational speech at the Conservative conference must become the party’s focus and blueprint — or we will have to worry about Labour INSTEAD of debating the future of the country at their party conference, the Tories have been distracted by Boris Johnson’s leadership ambitions. The party needs to get its mojo back, and fast. If they do not, we discovered at Labour’s conference last week what is at stake. Because what Jeremy Corbyn and his Shadow Chancellor, […]
Farm owners will not face any labour shortage
Noida workers allege labour law violation by factory owners
New to this sub! - Macan owners, how much / month?
Michelle Obama: ‘Any Woman Who Voted Against Hillary Clinton Voted Against Their Own Voice’ Former First Lady Michelle Obama made her candid remarks on Wednesday.
Michelle Obama: 'Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice In candid remarks Wednesday, former first lady Michelle Obama said women who voted for Republican nominee Donald Trump over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton went against their "authentic voice" in the 2016 presidential election.
@TheEconomist: About 7m people who voted for Barack Obama in 2012 then voted for Donald Trump in 2016
A day’s labour is one month’s fee in this school
Who is Amber Rudd? Conservative Home Secretary tipped by some to become next Prime Minister – all you need to know HOME secretary Amber Rudd is being tipped by some as a future Prime Minister after enjoying a rapid rise through the ranks of the Conservative party. The Hastings and Rye MP made a fleeting appearance in Four Weddings and a Funeral before being elected to parliament in 2010 – here’s all you need to know. […]
Dog owners asked to obtain licences before month end
A Month After the Floods, Owners Still Feel the Hurt A Month After the Floods, Owners Still Feel the Hurt
A month after Sandy, business owners are shifting efforts away from clearing roads or restoring power, to coping with the storm's long-term costs—and getting back to business.
5 Undercover conservative activist rented basement apartment in home of top Democratic operative
4 Undercover conservative activist rented basement apartment in home of top Democratic operative
Undercover conservative activist rented basement apartment in home of top Democratic operative
Are Previous Home Owners Eligible to be Defined As First Time Home Buyers?
According to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (see link), it seems that previous home owners who haven't owned a home for over 3 years can be defined at as a "first time home buyer"...
Home inspection for home owners insurance revealed damage my inspection and my lender's appraiser did not see
I recently bought a house in Iowa. I hired a company to inspect the home, they found a few minor things but nothing major. My lender had an appraisal and they didn't note anything either.
I purchased ...
Repaying my Home Owners Plan
I have been adding the annualized amount as part of my income declaration since I started repaying this original home ownership incentive. It was determined to be $897/year for 15 years.
Will I have ...
Home owners association for houses, pro/cons
(there is a question about home owners associations for condo communities here, so this is a) not a duplicate and b) fit for this website)
In most contexts where I hear about a home owners ...
Vehicle in Garage Covered by Auto and Home Owners, Can I claim both?
Theoretical question here, I am just curious. No damage has occurred.
if I were to have a Vehicle in a garage attached to the home and the home burned to the ground or was flooded and damaged the ...
Good idea to purchase condo with no home owners association?
I'm looking at REO condos on homepath.com (the site for Fannie Mae foreclosures, etc). I'm wondering, is it a good/bad idea to purchase a condo with no home owners association? Most of them have one,...
Are renters covered under home owners insurance I own a home and rent it out the tenant slipped and fell on the hardwood stairs is his medical and hospital bills covered under my home owners policy?
No, your renters medical bills are covered under their own major medical policy. Should your tenant sue you and you have the appropriate Landlords Dwelling Policy coverage with liability, your insurance company would cover the cost to defend you in court as well as any judgment rendered up to your policy limits should you be found liable for the tenants injuries. If you have only a homeowners insurance policy and failed to endorse your property insurance coverage for tenant occupancy then your home insurance is null and void and will not provide coverage for you at all.
Why did factory owners like child labour during the Industrial Revolution?
They could pay them less and get away with it. They also, often, picked up children from orphanages and had them make a contract which, essentially, made them the property of the factory. In that case, they had to provide food and shelter, but it was of extremely poor quality.
A second reason is that children are small and nimble and could work in the machines easier than large males (this also applies for the women of the time).
What is voted best home page?
Why was the labour party called labour?
it was todo with their link/care for the working class (generally doing manual labour etc in industrial britain) they appeal to this "lower" class and thus took on the name Labour.
Can someone purchase land for unpaid taxes if there is a home on the land and the mortgage of the home is current. Will the purchaser own both land and home and evict the home owners?
Rules and regulations would vary according to area on this, but yes subject to the same, you could pay the unpaid taxes and hold a tax certificate which can be paid with interest to you by the homeowner. If this is not paid within the area specified period of time, you can apply for a tax deed. The property can be put into foreclosure and depending again on the local regulations, the property can then be put up on sheriff's auction and you will have the opportunity to bid on it. Please check with your local property tax office to find out the rules and the procedures regarding this.
What prefix could be added to the root word conservative to make very conservative?
Is a home mortgage covered and paid in a basic home owners insurance in the even of death?
No. To cover mortgage debt an insurance company can write a life insurance policy on the mortgage holder/s. This policy usually is a term life insurance policy that in the event of death pays the balance due on the mortgage at the time of death. The term of the policy would be the length of the mortgage and the policy value decreases as the mortgage is being paid off by the policy holder, eventually expiring at the end of the term along with the mortgage. Since the benefit paid under this type of policy is constantly being reduced, and eventually becomes zero, the premiums are considerably low
Does your farm bureau home owners insurance cover you if you are working in someone elses home?
Homeowners insurance policies are personal lines coverage and typically do not provide coverage for commercial or work related activities.
Will home owners insurance cover you if you brake a window of another home when playing golf?
Yes. It would go under your liability coverage.
There was a robbery in my home my home owners nsurance company cancelled our policy. Will I be able to get new insurance now?
You might be able to, you just have to shop around. Your insurance company has somehow notified other insurance about your issue (when someone looks up your info, there is a red flag by your name) and now, it's up to that individual insurance company if they want to pick you up or not.
Does home owners insurance cover required city permits due to damages to the home?
Your insurance will pay the contractor. The contractor gets the
required permits. The contractor will have already factored in the
cost of any permits needed to make your repairs into his bid for
Does home owners coverage cover theft of a trailer taken from th insured home?
No. A trailer has to have it's own insurance policy.
In Brooks's Home Helen wants to throw a party after comes from the home owners' loan?
Will home owners insurance cover a broken pipe under the slab on your home?
Probably not. It should cover any damage done by the break, but not the break itself.
What factors influence the cost of home owners insurance for an individual home?
It depends where your house is located. Whether your home is in a secure or unsecure neighborhood will effect your insurance costs. If your house looks like its going to fall apart at any moment then you will be charged a higher premium. These factors influence the cost of home owners insurance for an individual home.
Does your home owners insurance covers hail storm damages to exterior walls of your home?
A homeowners policy does provide coverage from hail, windstorm, etc.
Government programs for current home owners buying a second home?
You won't like this answer. There aren't any. But, we might as well consider Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac government entities so in that sense yes. These loans currently require 15% down.
Can your home owners insurance drop your coverage if your home needs painting?
Yes they can cancel your policy. Failure to properly maintain your home indicates a "Moral Hazard" that will surely lead to unnecessary and avoidable current and future damage to the property. Basically the home is being allowed to deteriorate due to the owners negligence.
- For nearly 80 years Labour was the main political alternative to the Conservative Party or Tories, and in several general elections it defeated them. Por casi 80 años fue la principal alternativa política frente al Partido Conservador, o Tories, y en diversas elecciones generales lo venció.
- The Conservative Party was voted into/out of office (= was chosen in an election to become/stop being the government).
- I voted Labour in the last election.
- In Congress, Radel has been a strong conservative and Tea Party favorite who voted to prolong the government shutdown in October.
- The constituency fell to Labour at the last election, after ten years of Conservative rule.
- But some pretty conservative legislators voted yes (Marco Rubio and David Vitter in the Senate, Marcia Blackburn in the House).
- The crowd of political newcomers, and former Labour and Conservative voters roared their assent.
- The Scottish Conservative Party candidate in Ayr, John Scott, has humiliated Labour into third place - 5000 or more votes behind. El candidato del Partido Conservador Escocés para Ayr, John Scott, a humillado a los laboristas dejándoles en tercer puesto -con más de 5.000 votos de diferencia.
- And he's been voted Milkman Of The Month 14 times by the housewives of Lambeth. Y ha sido elegido como el lechero del mes... 14 veces por las amas de casa de Lambeth.
- The Greek Communist Party voted against the EU's abortive anti-labour paper on European pension systems. El Partido Comunista Griego ha votado en contra del documento frustrado contrario a la mano de obra de la UE sobre los sistemas de pensiones europeos.
Labour MP claims 'better educated people' voted Remain - A Labour MP has been branded a "snob" by Brexiteers after claiming "better educated people" voted to stay in the EU. Barry Sheerman, MP for Huddersfield, ...
Labour vs Conservative: Manifesto breakdown | GE2017 - A direct comparison of the points from the Labour and Conservative manifestos, with some brief analysis and fact-checking, then a conclusion looking at the ...
The Labour MP told why he broke Corbyn’s whip and voted for EU Withdrawal Bill - Veteran Labour MP Dennis Skinner has spoken to Westmonster about voting against the EU at every opportunity. Veteran Labour MP Dennis Skinner told Westmonster why he broke the party whip and...
Mark Millar on why he voted for Richard Leonard in the Scottish Labour Leadership Election - We speak to Eisner Award nominated comic book legend Mark Millar about his support for Richard Leonard MSP and the so called radical policies of Jeremy ...
Labour mp barry sheerman sparks outrage by saying ‘better educated people’ voted remain — and brand - Labour mp barry sheerman sparks outrage by saying 'better educated people' voted remain — and branded brexit voters stupid.
Wyndham Davies: Wyndham Roy Davies was a British Conservative Party politician. Against the national trend, he was elected Member of Parliament for Birmingham Perry Barr at the 1964 general election, gaining the seat from Labour at a time when Labour was coming to power after thirteen years of Conservative rule.
Aidan Crawley: Aidan Merivale Crawley, MBE was a British journalist, television executive and editor, and politician. He was a member of both of Britain's major political parties: the Labour Party and Conservative Party, and was elected to the House of Commons as a Labour MP from 1945 to 1951, and as a Conservative MP from 1962 to 1967.
Reg Prentice: Reginald Ernest Prentice, Baron Prentice, PC was a British politician who held ministerial office in both Labour and Conservative Party governments. He was the most senior Labour figure ever to defect to the Conservative party.
Home Owners' Loan Corporation: The Home Owners' Loan Corporation was a government-sponsored corporation created as part of the New Deal. The corporation was established in 1933 by the Home Owners' Loan Corporation Act under the leadership of President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
3rd Congress of the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party: The 3rd Congress of the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party was held during 25 Apr - 10 May 1905 in London, UK.
The Menshevik Central Committee had voted against calling the Congress on 7 February 1905 and voted to expel Lenin.
Tamworth Borough Council election, 2004: Elections to Tamworth Borough Council were held on 10 June 2004. One third of the council was up for election and the Conservative party gained overall control of the council from the Labour party. Overall turnout was 31.4%
After the election, the composition of the council was
Acton by-election, 1968: The Acton by-election of 28 March 1968 was held after the death of Labour Member of Parliament Bernard Floud on 10 October 1967. The seat, previously Labour, was gained by the Conservatives in a defeat for Harold Wilson's government. It was one of the three Conservative gains from Labour on the same day, the others being at Meriden and Dudley. The by-election also marked the first electoral appearance of the National Front, who finished fourth.
Ipswich Borough Council election, 1999: Elections for Ipswich Borough Council were held on 6 May 1999. One third of the council was up for election and the Labour party kept overall control of the council.
This was the first time that the Liberal-Democrats won a seat in the St Margarets ward. Inga Lockington gained one of the ward's 3 seats from the Conservatives. She has held it ever since. The ward had been solidly Conservative for a century.
After the election, the composition of the council was
Liberal Democrat 1
Spencer Batiste: Spencer Lee Batiste was the British Conservative MP for Elmet from 1983 until his 1997 defeat by Labour's Colin Burgon. He served as Parliamentary Private Secretary to Lord Trefgarne, Sir Geoffrey Pattie and, latterly, for European Commissioner and former Home Secretary Sir Leon Brittan.
Amber Rudd: Amber Augusta Rudd is a British Conservative politician. She has served as Home Secretary since 2016 and has served as Member of Parliament for the East Sussex constituency of Hastings and Rye since the 2010 general election, defeating the incumbent Labour member Michael Foster.
After 11 Conservative MPs voted against the Government on an amendment guaranteeing parliament a “meaningful...: After 11 Conservative MPs voted against the Government on an amendment guaranteeing parliament a “meaningful vote” on the final Brexit deal, Mr Jenkin warned the rebels risked undermining Brexit altogether. But he does not believe the Conservative rebels,
A group of conservative-leaning MPs, including some who publically voted ‘no’ in the government’s postal...: A group of conservative-leaning MPs, including some who publically voted ‘no’ in the government’s postal survey, are drafting their own version of a bill to legalise same-sex marriage.By James Elton-Pym 3 DAYS AGO Liberal backbencher Ian Goodenough has revealed he is among “probably more than a dozen” members working on the alternative bill.Conservatives have voiced concerns that the pre-existing bill drafted by moderate Liberals, sponsored by Dean Smith, does not include adequate protections for groups that may continue to oppose same-sex marriage on religious grounds after the law is changed.“I believe that the bill is focused on the wedding ceremony itself, but it doesn't go further than that,” Mr Goodenough told ABC Radio on Thursday.The Smith bill would allow churches to refuse to marry homosexual couples.But Mr Goodenough said there were not enough protections for schools, parents and religious charities, which he said could risk violating anti-discrimination la
The Daily Mail pictures all 11 Conservative MPs who voted to give Parliament a guarantee of a vote on...: The Daily Mail pictures all 11 Conservative MPs who voted to give Parliament a guarantee of a vote on the final #Brexit deal with Brussels.The paper describes them as "diehard Tory #Remainers" and reports there were "angry scenes" in the Commons.#ToryRemoaners...The Tory Rebels:Heidi Allen (South Cambridgeshire)Ken Clarke (Rushcliffe)Jonathan Djanogly (Huntingdon)Dominic Grieve (Beaconsfield)Stephen Hammond (Wimbledon)Oliver Heald (North East Hertfordshire)Nicky Morgan (Loughborough)Robert Neill (Bromley and Chislehurst)Antoinette Sandbach (Eddisbury)Anna Soubry (Broxtowe)Sarah Wollaston (Totnes)John Stevenson (Carlisle) voted both aye and no, which is considered a formal abstention.#NoDealBrexit REGISTER OR BECOME A MEMBER OF LEAVE.EUBy registering your support, you will receive regular updates and news; #BrexitMEANSBrexit #ChangeBritain #UKLeaveEUCampaign #Brexit #LeaveEU #WestMonster #EUReferendum #BetterOffOut #BrexitBritain #GlobalBritain #Remoaners