Election as it happened: Boris Johnson says it would be an 'honour' to lead Conservative Party
- [17-09] "Is there no one in the Conservative party at the moment who can tell Boris Johnson to shut up?" #Paterson to Damian Gre
- [03-10] Boris Johnson just made a joke about Cambodian genocide in his Conservative party conference speech. #CPC17
- [02-10] Morning! All eyes on Manchester today, as the Boris Johnson Show - sorry, Conservative Party Conference - gets properly underway #CPC17
- [06-10] Retweeted Dave Broadway (@DaveBroadway):
"Boris Johnson is for Britain" - no Boris Johnson is for Boris Johnson. #bbcqt
- [15-11] Boris Johnson’s favourability takes a big hit among Conservative voters
- [19-09] Is this a Boris Johnson election poster? #satire #borisisboris
- [06-10] "Tory CONservative BORIS JOHNSON Vs THERESA MAY leadership challenge is under way" #Radio1Vintage #LabourDoorStep #SaveO
- [04-10] @BorisJohnson #ryanair friend Conservative Boris Johnson, exploitation bringing down price...#boycottRyanair…
- [02-10] Conservative conference 2017: Philip Hammond tells Boris Johnson he is sackable #CPC17
- [09-11] UK Conservative Party remainers deliberately sabotaging their party to force a General Election to change Brexit #UKIP #AMDWaters #jongaunt
- [23-09] She almost threw away the election. Now she wants to throw away #Brexit. Might as well hand Boris Johnson the keys to 10 Do
- [25-08] UK #Brexit bill:
Boris Johnson July: They can go whistle
Boris Johnson August: We will meet obligations
- [03-08] Lestarstjórinn í Gatwick Express hljómar eins og Boris Johnson - er mögulega Boris Johnson.
- [03-11] @SkyNews Oh i likes Boris Johnson, Boris Johnson is my most favourite politician ever #BorisJohnson #Giggity
- [05-10] "Boris Johnson is for Britain" - no Boris Johnson is for Boris Johnson. #bbcqt
- [19-09] IFS has demolished Boris Johnson's repeated claim that #Brexit will lead to an £350m for #NHS.
- [20-11] What happened on Sunday's #ImACeleb? Some nerve-shredding tasks, a fantastic debut for Boris Johnson's dad and Ant…
- [03-10] #LasVegas #IRMA
Boris Johnson has missed his opportunity to lead the Conservatives, minister says
- [08-11] The media, including #r4today, bear responsibility for the creation of Boris Johnson with their "typical Boris" and "Boris
- [12-11] Only people who believe Boris Johnson will be leader of the Tory Party and PM are the media,he will never get requi…
- [06-10] The Conservative Party wants Theresa May in place at the next election, says Michael Gove #r4today
- [12-08] After such a traumatic snap general election, what does the Conservative Party really stand for? #History #Tory #UK
- [12-08] #BREXIT #Election Boris Johnson should be in prison over Brexit mistruths, says former chief of staff to David Davis
- [04-10] The PM starts by outlining why she joined the Conservative Party - and immediately accepting responsibility for the election result #CPC17
- [27-09] Channel 4 Reveals Conservative Party have broken data protection & election laws
- [02-10] #Brexit head banger Boris #Johnson has suffered a bruising day at #Tory Party conference as calls to sack him grow. htt
- [01-12] Last Election under Turnbull lost Nealy 1 million Conservative voters left Liberal party losing votersby the day…
- [28-09] Which party you vote in next general election? #bbcqt #SLCasStH #TOTP Kevin Campbell Question Time Conservative May Labour Corbyn Libdems
- [03-10] Conservative Gorilla news #R4Today Mr Johnson cannot cope on Conservative austerity pay £140K So We r sponsoring th…
- [13-12] Grateful that #Conservative rebels like #DominicGrieve are not just accepting the party line and are putting country before Party.
- [05-12] What Happens When Boris Johnson Enters the ‘Brexit’... #BorisJohnson
- Boris Johnson has humiliated the UK internationally but weakling Theresa May won’t sack him #CPC17
[Image: The Spectator.]
How can the UK, as a nation, put up with Boris Johnson any longer?
He is no statesman.
He is no representative of the people.
He is, quite simply, a thug with an expensive education.
Yesterday – October 3 – he managed to shame us all, not once, but twice.
At the Conservative Party Conference in Manchester, he said the following:
- We all thought reciting a colonial poem by Kipling in Myanmar was tactless. Then Boris Johnson decided to do the Hokey-Cokey (“In, out, in, out, shake it all about”) during Brexit negotiations.
The longer Boris Johnson is allowed to remain in post as Foreign Secretary while stirring up division in the Conservative government, the more ridiculous that government becomes.
His latest stunt, timed to…View On WordPress
- Theresa May too weak to sack Boris Johnson over Brexit blueprint, Ken Clarke suggestsTheresa May is too weak to sack Boris Johnson over his Brexit blueprint, Ken Clarke has suggested as he claimed the Foreign Secretary would have been fired in “normal circumstances”. The former Conservative cabinet minister and Europhile launched an astonishing attack on Mr Johnson’s decision to set out his own vision for the UK’s withdrawal from the EU. He said the Foreign Secretary’s 4,000 word…View On WordPress
- Boris Johnson’s comments about dead bodies in Libya has provoked anger (Rex)Boris Johnson is facing calls to apologise after saying a Libyan city could become the next Dubai once it had cleared the dead bodies away. The Foreign Secretary made the comments on the fringes of the Conservative Party conference in Manchester and he has faced criticism from those in his own party. Damian Green, the de facto deputy prime minister, slapped down his Cabinet colleague, telling Sky News: “Everyone, including Boris, needs to be careful in their use of language.” The First Secretary of State said Mr Johnson’s remarks were unacceptable. First Secretary of State Damian Green slapped down Mr Johnson for his Libya comments (Rex)He added to BBC 5 live Breakfast: “Let me be clear: it was not an acceptable use of… it was not a sensitive use of language. “As I say, we all need to be sensitive in our use of language, particularly in situations like that.” Others have called for the Foreign Secretary to be sacked – including fellow Tory MP Heidi Allen. MOST POPULAR STORIES ON YAHOO UK Theresa May’s keynote Conservative Party conference speech interrupted by P45 stuntStourbridge murder: Homeless Aaron Barley jailed for life for stabbing mother and sonDonald Trump said he turned his back on ‘dying’ man aged 80 because it was ‘disgusting’Final MH370 report calls plane’s disappearance an ‘almost inconceivable’ mystery She tweeted: “100% unacceptable from anyone, let alone foreign sec. Boris must be sacked for this. He does not represent my party.” Tory MP Sarah Wollaston told BBC Radio 4’s Today: “Well I think these remarks were crass, poorly judged, grossly insensitive and this is from the person who is representing us on the world stage, I think this is really disappointing.” She added: “Of course he should unequivocally apologise, not sort of try to justify those kinds of remarks and the way in which it was said. Mr Johnson made the comments at a Tory conference fringe event (Rex)“I think he should consider his position.” Mr Johnson was made to “move on” after he told Tory activists that investors want to transform the coastal city of Sirte, where dictator Muammar Gaddafi was killed during the 2011 civil war, into a new version of the emirate. But when he said their only obstacle is to “clear the dead bodies away”, the host of the conference fringe event stepped in. As Mr Johnson continued to speak, Baroness Stroud, a former special adviser to ex-Cabinet minister Iain Duncan Smith, said: “Next question.” The Legatum Institute chief executive added: “The dead bodies was the move-on moment.” 100% unacceptable from anyone, let alone foreign sec. Boris must be sacked for this. He does not represent my party. .”
- [Composite: Evolve Politics.]
A demotion could be worse for Boris Johnson than a sacking; it would indicate that he hasn’t made the grade at top-level.
That would weigh on the minds of anyone considering supporting him in a leadership challenge.
Ultimately it could kill his political career.
But that does depend on the amount of support he has in the Parliamentary Conservative Party.
If they’ve…View On WordPress
- Brexit: Johnson, Davis and Fox push agenda on three continents Image caption David Davis, Boris Johnson and Liam Fox, pictured at the Tory Party conference, were dubbed the “three Brexiteers”
Senior cabinet ministers will push the UK’s Brexit agenda on three different continents later.
International Trade Secretary Liam Fox will travel from the US to meet Mexican counterparts to discuss trading relationships.
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson is on a… View On WordPress
- Boris Johnson: Gibraltar status change not ‘conceivable’
Foreign secretary Boris Johnson has denied suggestions that...
- Democracy and free speech are core beliefs of Boris Johnson
Anyone who knows Boris Johnson, even slightly, knows how passionate...
Election as it happened: Boris Johnson says it would be an 'honour' to lead Conservative Party
Would you mistake Boris Johnson for Donald Trump?
Boris Johnson has described how he was mistaken for Donald Trump during a trip to New York, describing it as "one of the worst moments".
The London Mayor said he is "genuinely worried" about the Republican candidate becoming President in the election later this year.
Mr Johnson said:...
But we wouldn't be in this situation at all if Boris Johnson had won the Conservative leadership contest in June 2016.
The bottom-line is straightforward - Teresa May doesn't have the same electoral appeal as Cameron, Major and Thatcher etc - There wouldn't have been a Hung Parliament at all if Boris were in the driving seat.
BoJo is a Superstar!
Why didn't Boris Johnson run for Tory party leadership last year?
If Boris was elected leader of the Conservative party of course HM would appoint him,otherwise not.
By winning the election, of course. He was the Labour Party candidate.
How popular? He got 57% of the votes, his Conservative rival got 43%.
Why? 57% of Londoners prefered his and his party's policies. He also had a good record as the MP for Tooting.
if riding a bike is meant to keep you fit and healthy why does Boris Johnston always look like a rather fat roly-poly over grown school boy?
We must therefore conclude that the so-called benefits of voluntary exercise are egregious horseshit.
If not then Boris Johnson is engaged in a cynical deception for the purposes of self-promotion.
[Op-Ed] - Conservative party conference will not be Boris Johnson's finest hour | The Independent
Boris Johnson is top choice for next Tory leader among Conservative party members, poll reveals
[World] - Boris Johnson favourite among Tory members to takeover from Theresa May as Conservative Party leader | Telegraph
[World] - Watch: Boris Johnson-themed musical protest takes place ahead of Conservative Party conference | Telegraph
Conservative conference 2017: Ruth Davidson suggests she would have sacked Boris Johnson over Brexit articles - Politics live Continue reading...
Boris Johnson: Russia Could Hack U.K. Election Johnson said of Putin, “it’s blatantly obvious that’s what he did in France, so we have to be vigilant."
Conservative conference: Top Tories turn on Boris Johnson and warn 'no one is unsackable' Cabinet ministers and senior Tories have warned Boris Johnson that “nobody is unsackable”, demanded he get behind Theresa May and made clear they do not want a leadership contest. The backlash against Mr Johnson was spelt out in the back rooms at the Conservative conference, at fringe events and from the main stage, where successive big hitters called for unity. One cabinet minister told The Independent it “needs to stop” after Mr Johnson again publicly demanded changes to Ms May’s Brexit plans at the weekend, while another ex-ministe
Boris Johnson’s endorsement adds to Kenya election controversy UK foreign secretary is first international official to congratulate Kenyatta on his re-election
Boris Johnson ‘in the lead’ to take over from Theresa May as next Prime Minister, poll claims BORIS Johnson is in the lead to take over from Theresa May as Prime Minister, a poll suggests. Tory Party members want the PM to leave her post after Britain has completed the process of Brexit and would have Mr Johnson step into her shoes. A YouGov/Times survey of Conservative members, who select the party […]
Boris Johnson reminds Tory party why he is forgiven every time It was all fanciful nonsense but foreign secretary’s speech cheered up Manchester conference no end
Green party co-leader to call on Conservatives to sack Boris Johnson Jonathan Bartley will tell his party’s conference that the foreign secretary is a ‘poison’ and a ‘human wrecking ball’
Boris Johnson Intervenes On Brexit Again Ahead Of Tory Party Conference Boris Johnson has intervened on Brexit yet again, putting Theresa May under fresh pressure ahead of the Tory party conference.
Tory MPs call on Theresa May to sack Boris Johnson as infighting dominates party conference TORY ministers piled pressure on Theresa May last night by demanding she sack rogue Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson. Boris stole much-needed limelight from the PM when he outlined his “red lines” for Brexit in an exclusive interview with The Sun on the eve of the Conservative Party conference in Manchester. May had planned to reach […]
Boris Johnson tops poll of Tory activists to be next party leader despite calls for Theresa May to sack him over Brexit meddling BORIS Johnson has surged back to the top of the rankings for who Tory activists want to be their next leader despite calls for Theresa May to sack him over his Brexit meddling. The Foreign Secretary leads the monthly ConservativeHome survey on 21 per cent as Jacob Rees Mogg sits in second place on 15, […]
Chile election: Conservative Sebastian Pinera takes lead Ex-president Sebastián Piñera is on course to win the first round, but may fail to avoid a run-off.
Does the Conservative Party of Canada have a ban on abortion in its platform?
It would either be an outright ban (outlawed) or a ban on the public funding part (health care being all public in Canada).
But I'm just asking: is there such a thing in their platform?
What does 'Become a scarlet letter' mean for a Senator who took advantage of the ‘Tea Party’ wave in the mid-term election?
I came across a phrase, senators who become a scarlet letter, in an article of today’s Washington Post (Jan.29) titled "Tea Party Caucus holds first meeting without some who had embraced banner."
What’s the point of a party running with a list in the federal election if it cannot possibly pass the electoral threshold?
This question is about the German federal election.
Through a series of weird events, I learnt about the existence of a minor party called Magdeburger Gartenpartei, which apparently focusses only on the city of Magdeburg in the state of Sachsen-Anhalt.
This party is running for the German federal election 2017, however they are running per list (Landesliste) only in the state of Sachsen-Anhalt¹ and only have one candidate running for a direct mandate (Direktkandidat)².
For this election, this means that they cannot possibly get a seat by list, as this would mean that they have to surpass one of the following two electoral thresholds (Sperrklausel): 5 % of the proportional votes (Zweitstimmen).
This cannot happen since Sachsen-Anhalt only makes for 2.7 % of the German population.
Three direct mandates (Direktmandate).
This cannot happen since they are only running for one direct mandate. This poses three questions: Did I make any mistake in the above assessment?
For this party, what’s the point of running with a list?
For the electoral administration, what’s the rationale of admitting this list, when every vote for them has the same effect as an invalid vote? ¹ according to Wahlrecht.de
² according to the stastical office of Sachsen-Anhalt and assuming that they do not have direct candidates in other states
Boris Group or 'the' Boris Group? Is article omission an error?
From a native speaker standpoint, would it look OK if a company whose name follows the "X Group" pattern omits the use of the definite article when presenting itself on its website, like this (name ...
Was it only Johnson & Johnson which hid the link between its Talcum powder and Cancer risk? [closed]
Recently a woman successfully sued Johnson & Johnson for not giving enough warnings about the Cancer causing risks of its baby powder. But why only Johnson & Johnson? Do other Talcum powder ...
How Johnson measured Johnson-Nyquist noise?
How Mr. Johnson, the one after which Johnson–Nyquist noise was named measured/discovered this phenomena? Details about equipment and method are most welcome.
Whig Party Election in the election of 1852 what happened to the Whig Party in the South?
Splitting of Democratic Party lead to Lincolns election?
What Happened First The Formation Of The Populist Party Or The Election Of 1896?
What is the difference between the Tory party the labor party and the Conservative party in Britain?
Is it true that the presidential election of 1908 saw the emergence of new third party the progressive party also known as the bull moose party?
When did boris Johnson get married?
What is Boris Johnson dads name?
Will a conservative win the next election?
Should Liberal democrats conservative or labor win the election?
What happened to boris becker?
Nothing happened to him. He was Retired in June 30 1999.
Third party entry in the election of 1848 that opposed slavery expansion and prepared the way for the republican party?
Third-party entry in the election of 1848 that opposed slavery expansion and prepared the way for the republician party?
Third-party entry in the election of 1848 that opposed slavery expansion and prepared the way for the Republican Party?
How can third party candidates swing an election in a two party system?
What is the Conservative party in US?
What is a Conservative Party?
What does the conservative party believe in?
Which party are conservative?
- This election is taking place because when the AKP party, the conservative party now in power, designated Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul as its candidate for president, the country's secular elite cringed. Esta elección tiene lugar porque cuando el partido AKP, el partido conservador que ahora está en el poder, designó al ministro de Relaciones Exteriores Abdullah Gul como su candidato a presidente, la elite secular del país se estremeció.
- The British establishment was furious, and it was the irascible Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, who lead the fight-back.
- The Conservative Party was voted into/out of office (= was chosen in an election to become/stop being the government).
- The same is true of Klaus's nationalism; it may appeal to a popular streak of Czech provincialism, but even if the conservative Civic Democratic Party, which Klaus founded, wins the parliamentary election next year, EU membership will temper nationalist a Lo mismo sucede con el nacionalismo de Klaus; puede atraer a una parte popular del provincialismo checo, pero incluso si el conservador Partido Cívico Democrático que Klaus fundó gana las elecciones parlamentarias el próximo año, la membresía en la Unión
- President Johnson awarded four medals of honour to men from each... Johnson impuso cuatro Medallas de Honor a hombres de cada una de las fuerzas armadas.
- Did you vote Conservative at the last election?
- They voted not simply for him and his party, but against Boris Yeltsin.
- Johnson swept the presidential election of 1964.
- The constituency fell to Labour at the last election, after ten years of Conservative rule.
- After last night's win Johnson has taken (over) the lead in the championship table.
General Election Candidate Interviews | Caroline Nokes (Conservative Party) - this video and discover other great videos over at: To keep up to date with our latest content, follow us!
Boris Johnson’s father Stanley Johnson, 77, touches down in Australia for stint in I’m A Celebr... - Boris Johnson's father Stanley Johnson, 77, touches down in Australia for stint in I'm A Celebrity jungle. Boris Johnson's father has touched down in Australia for ...
Boris Johnson ends Iran visit without agreement on jailed Briton Boris Johnson ends Iran visit wit - Boris Johnson ends Iran visit without agreement on jailed Briton Boris Johnson ends Iran visit wit Boris Johnson ends Iran visit without agreement on jailed Briton Boris Johnson ends Iran...
Conservative party must be 'louder and prouder' about being the party of tax cuts, Amber Rudd - Conservative party must be 'louder and prouder' about being the party of tax cuts, Amber Rudd says . The Conservatives need to be "prouder and louder" in ...
Sadiq kahn: boris johnson 'has to go' - Sadiq kahn: boris johnson 'has to go' London mayor Sadiq Khan appears on the "Andrew Marr Show" on November 12, 2017. Screengrab/BBC Londo...
When Boris Met Dave: When Boris Met Dave is a 2009 docudrama which investigates the shared past of David Cameron and Boris Johnson who, at the time of broadcast, were two of Britain's most influential Conservative Party politicians – Cameron as Conservative leader and Johnson as Mayor of London.
Boris: The Rise of Boris Johnson: Boris: The Rise of Boris Johnson is a biography of Boris Johnson by Andrew Gimson, which discusses why Boris Johnson joined politics and became an MP. An updated edition was later published in 2008 after Johnson was elected Mayor of London.
London mayoral election, 2012: The London mayoral election of 2012 was an election held on Thursday 3 May 2012, to elect the Mayor of London. It was won by the incumbent mayor Boris Johnson of the Conservative Party.
London mayoral election, 2008: The London mayoral election, 2008 for the office of Mayor of London was held on 1 May 2008 and was won by Conservative Party candidate Boris Johnson.
Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 2001: The 2001 Conservative Party leadership election was held after the British Conservative Party failed to make inroads into the Labour government's lead in the 2001 general election.
Next Conservative Party (UK) leadership election: The next Conservative Party leadership election has not yet been formally launched, but is expected at some point. Speculation that a leadership election will come sooner arose following the party's poor showing in the 2017 general election that the Leader of the Conservative Party and Prime Minister, Theresa May, had called.
Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 1997: The 1997 Conservative Party leadership election was triggered in the British Conservative Party when John Major resigned on 2 May 1997, following his party's landslide defeat at the 1997 general election, which ended 18 years of Conservative Government of the United Kingdom.
Scottish Conservative Party leadership election, 2011: The 2011 Scottish Conservative Party leadership election was an internal party election to elect a new leader of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party, the third largest political party in the devolved Scottish Parliament.
Conservative Party of Canada leadership election, 2004: The 2004 Conservative Party of Canada leadership election took place on March 20, 2004, in Toronto, Ontario, and resulted in the election of Stephen Harper as the first leader of the new Canadian Conservative Party.
Gareth Johnson: Gareth Alan Johnson is a British Conservative Party politician. He was elected at the 2010 general election as member of parliament for Dartford, winning the seat from Labour.
Crunch meeting may back Â£36bn Brexit pay | Boris Johnson #BorisJohnson: Boris Johnson The 23 year old...: Crunch meeting may back Â£36bn Brexit pay | Boris Johnson #BorisJohnson: Boris Johnson The 23 year old beauty reportedly has the father to Foreign secretary Boris Johnson mesmerised and he is not being very subtle about his attraction to her, according to show insiders. This year’s series is set to include the likes of Amir Khan, Vanessa White, Jessie McAlpine and Boris Johnson’s dad, Stanley. The quintessentially superficial Brexiteer Boris Johnson told us that Brexit would bring Britain and Ireland closer. In retrospect, it might have been better not to choose as her joke the foreign secretary, Boris Johnson. The authors were Environment Secretary Michael Gove and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson. The beloved jungle-based series launched on Sunday night, with this year’s crop of contestants entering camp for the first time. Fans are already calling for Stanley Johnson to win I’m a Celebrity- Get Me Out Of Here! after a series of gaffes just mi
First, Senator Ron Johnson, an arch-conservative from Wisconsin, came out against the Republican Party's...: First, Senator Ron Johnson, an arch-conservative from Wisconsin, came out against the Republican Party's misguided plan to cut taxes for the wealthy and sabotage Obamacare. Then, 13 Republicans voted against the House tax bill. Now, Republican Senators Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski seem to be leaning our way, and a new analysis shows the Senate tax plan will actually RAISE taxes on the poor and the middle class--a huge political blow to the bill's chances.If Sens. Collins, Murkowski, and Johnson vote no, the bill is dead. That's why we're making Senate phones ring off the hook in Washington, D.C., and organizing our members in key states to tell their stories about what this tax DEFORM plan would mean for them.