‘Shetland Islands could stay in UK if Scotland is independent’
A former Chancellor of the Exchequer has said the Shetland Islands may want to stay in the UK as an overseas territory rather than become part of an independent Scotland.
- [16-07] Flybe is proud to serve the #Shetland Islands. Our CEO Christine is visiting the Islands tomorrow. #Flybe #Scotland
- [22-07] #Scotland's Highlands & Islands - Orkney & Shetland (PDF Chapter) #lp #travel Lonely Planet
- [10-07] Find the Best Hotel Deals on the #Shetland #Islands, #Scotland. Compare prices read reviews before you travel visit
- [21-07] #Scotland travel guide - Orkney & Shetland Islands (PDF Chapter) #lp #travel Lonely Planet
- [16-08] 11 Reasons to Add Shetland to Your #Scotland Itinerary #shetland @VisitScotland @PromoteShetland
- [04-07] Good Morning from Shetland! #scotland #shetland #highlands
- [17-07] Our CEO Christine is in the beautiful #Shetland Islands today. If you'd like to say hello let us know! Proud to s
- [10-01] Focus on FestivalsUp Helly Aa in Lerwick, Shetland Islands, UK
- [10-07] Self catering holiday cottage blog recommendations #Shetland Islands
- [16-07] Fancy meeting our CEO @OurmieresChris tomorrow? Christine will be visiting the #Shetland Islands. PM us for details
- [15-07] The Northern Isles of #Orkney and #Shetland. An amazing collection of islands to explore. When will you visit?
- [15-11] The Caledonian Truck Team are heading to the Islands #Lewis #Orkney and #Shetland next week. Get in touch if you wo…
- [15-11] The Caledonian Truck Team are heading to the Islands #Lewis #Orkney and #Shetland next week. Get in touch if you would
- [02-07] Stay warm during the Scottish summer and show your support for an Independent Scotland with our Yes 2 hoodies!
- [17-07] Stay independent by working together - Help add strength to independent retail on #Birmingham's high streets.
- [30-07] Have you heard of the #Hebridean Islands? Our Wild #Scotland expedition journeys to these fascinating islands.
- [13-07] @NewsOnScotland Or maybe a vast number of young people leaving england to stay in #Scotland before england becomes #independent ?
- [04-10] I'm off to see the Vikings! Stay tuned over the next few days for loads from my first visit to the Shetland Isles!…
- [16-08] New flower of Scotland discovered in Shetland
- [12-07] Glorious day today! Come meet our wooly pigs, dumpy chickens & shetland sheep, and stay a while with a cuppa in our
- [18-07] @mrrudeforth @SamPennington31 @alicmurray @JYoungDjango @Independent #Scotland will benefit from being #independent ...
- [02-08] One of the best things about #Shetland (and #Scotland in general)? You're never really that far from the coast! ? ? IG/s
- [04-08] Shetland votes NO in Scotland's #indyref:
Yes 5,669 (36.3%)
No 9,951 (63.7%)
- [20-07] Wet and windy in #Lerwick today #Scotland #Shetland
- [29-07] Jarlshof, Prehistoric archaeological site in Shetland, #Scotland
- [27-07] Stairway to heaven: Clickimin Broch, Lerwick, #Shetland, #Scotland.
- [08-10] Had to be, eh? The best, most welcoming and just plain fabulous bus stop in the land. #Scotland #Shetland
- [03-08] #Orkney #Shetland and the NORTHERN half of #Scotland to see some shit weather today . . .
- [20-08] #Scotland News - Actors line up for Screenplay Film Festival in Shetland
- [09-07] Rewatching Shetland from the beginning. These landscapes! I have such a powerful longing ... #travel #Scotland
- [25-07] #Scotland News - Killer whale photographed flipping seal into the air off Shetland
- [15-01] Considered as a paradise for beach lovers, Thailand’s Phi Phi Islands are a group of six stunning islands.…
- [20-01] Exploring Thailand's Top Islands: 11 Thai Islands Ranked (2018 Edition)
- Mossbank, Shetland #Shetlandislands #shetland #Mossbank #coast #Scotland (at Mossbank, Shetland Islands, United Kingdom)
- Shetland Islands, Scotland United Kingdom, Scotland * The sea looks beautiful, love that blue colour *
- National Debt Helpline in Shetland Islands #UK #Debts #Helplines #Shetland #Islands ...
- Online Casino Bonus in Shetland Islands #Shetland #Islands
- Did you catch my new blog all about the Shetland Islands in Scotland? ??? ?☔️Where to visit and how to be prepared for the...
- This is throwback photo from Lerwick in the Shetland Islands in Scotland ?? from my cruise last year. The reason is my new blog...
- Professional Accountants in Shetland Islands #Shetland #Islands
- Shetland! I miss you already. #shetland #scotland #trevorthetravellingtrooper #travelblog
‘Shetland Islands could stay in UK if Scotland is independent’
A former Chancellor of the Exchequer has said the Shetland Islands may want to stay in the UK as an overseas territory rather than become part of an independent Scotland.
What would it mean for the rest of the UK if Scotland became fully independent?
Well, the Shetland islands want to be part of the UK and have said if Scotland became Independant, The Shetland islands would announce Independance and considering the Oil goes to the Shetland Islands, the Shetland isles would be the ones who get the oil.
One thing is for sure though, we would have a Conservative Government for the rest of our lives. Nooooooooo!
sean connery wants an independent scotland but he doesnt mind?
When he starts paying tax - in Scotland or England - I might take some notice of what that unctuous hypocrite has to say. It's easy supporting an independent Scotland when you're a multi-millionaire living in the Cayman Islands. When an independent Scotland becomes bankrupt, he'll continue to be a multi-millionaire living in the Cayman Islands. Any Scots whose longing for independence is based on Sean Connery's support, deserve all that's coming to them.
Ferry from Scotland to Iceland and Greenland?
Smyril Lines used to stop in the Shetland Islands (Scotland) on their way from Denmark to Iceland but they no longer have any UK stops so it is not possible to take a ferry from Scotland to Iceland. If you are set on taking a ferry (I would love it) then you need to start your journey in Denmark and go to Iceland via the Faroe Islands.
I'm not aware of any ferries to Greenland however there are cruise ships that go if that is what you are interested in. http://http://
We would love to go to the Shetland Islands but can not afford the price. Could anyone tell me where I would find a lot of ponies in?
Scotland and the EU?
SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon is devoted to an independent Scotland but wants it to stay in the EU to the point of applying for re-entry if need be. What I want to know is how can someone who wants an independent Scotland also be hell bent on being in an EU that increasingly aspires to be a single state led by a...
October 2014 Scotland votes narrowly for independence from the UK.?
Scotland could also be given an EU referendum after the independence one. But that's something the people themselves will need to ask for - if they want it.
Of course Shetland could become independent. They might not have as much control over the oil as you seem to think. But it still might be a good option for them to take if Scotland as a whole rejects Independence from the rest of the UK.
As Scotland Votes on Independence, Shetland Islands Ponder Own Fate As Scotland Votes, Shetland Ponders Own Fate
Shetlanders are following the Scottish independence campaign as intently as the rest of the U.K. Some even want another vote soon after—on their own independence from Scotland.
Shetland hotel voted as Scotland’s best by The Good Hotel Guide Burrastow House in Shetland has been voted as the country’s best hotel by The Good Hotel Guide 2018.
Independent Scotland No Shoo-In for the EU Independent Scotland No Shoo-In for EU
In the European Union now as part of the U.K., Scotland could run into problems remaining a member on its own.
After centuries of neglect, are Scotland’s islands now on the road to recovery? As the Scottish government introduces a bill to protect its islands, locals ask if the move will be enough to reverse their population decline On a tiny island beyond the northern fringe of Scotland’s coast, a lone piper salutes the end of a dozen generations. North Ronaldsay is the northernmost island of Orkney and today the primary school is saying farewell to its only pupil, 11-year-old Teigan Scott. None among the small group of friends and relatives who have gathered for the occasion can tell when North Ronaldsay School will next open it
A Sterling Solution for an Independent Scotland A Sterling Solution for an Independent Scotland
The new state wouldn't need a currency union to adopt the pound—just some financial-sector discipline.
Could an Independent Scotland Survive Low Oil Prices? Scotland's fiscal deficit is much worse than the U.K. as a whole.
Strong case for independent Scotland
Even Zero Debt Would Have Costs for Independent Scotland No Easy Options for U.K.-Scottish Divide
Scotland may vote for independence, but the division of assets and liabilities will determine just how independent its policies might be.
EU Restates Position: an Independent Scotland Would Have to Reapply The EU has reminded Scotland will have to reapply for membership if it leaves the UK as the separatist campaign overtook the 'Better Together' campaign
'Scotland Will Become an Independent Nation,' Departing Leader Says "Out of defeat will come future success," outgoing Scottish National Party leader Alex Salmond told party members on Friday.
Independent Scotland Could Launch Own Currency, Says Ratings Agency Scotland Could Launch Own Currency, Says S&P
An independent Scotland would likely be able to successfully launch its own currency, ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp. said Thursday.
TIL the CIA planned to kick the British off of the Falklands, send them to Scotland, and give the islands to Argentina.
U.K.'s Main Parties Rule Out Currency Union With an Independent Scotland U.K. Parties Rule Out Sharing Pound With Independent Scotland
The three political parties that would almost certainly form any future U.K. government ruled out a currency union with an independent Scotland.
U.K. Warns Independent Scotland Would Have High Risk in Bank Sector An Independent Scotland Risks Financial Shocks
An independent Scotland would have banking assets worth more than 1,250% of Scottish gross domestic product, putting taxpayers at significant risk in the event of another banking crisis, the U.K. Treasury said Sunday.
Third complaint against Police Scotland chief Phil Gormley referred to independent investigators A third complaint against the Chief Constable of Police Scotland has been referred to independent investigators.
Scotland Set to Stay in U.K. Scotland Set to Stay in U.K.
Scotland to pay for EU citizens to stay Nicola Sturgeon says her government will cover the fee of EU citizens applying to stay in Scotland post Brexit.
Scotland Decides Whether to Stay or Go Scotland Decides Whether to Stay or Go
Scottish Independence: Scotland to Stay in U.K. Scotland to Stay in the U.K.
Scottish voters rejected a heated bid for independence, providing a narrow escape for a British government that scrambled to dole out promises of new local powers for Edinburgh to head off the breakup of a 307-year-old union.
Scotland Likely to Stay in U.K., Poll Shows Poll: Scotland Likely to Stay in U.K.
A new poll on Wednesday suggested Scots will vote to stay in the U.K. in a referendum on independence next week.
Scotland plans new independence vote to stay in EU if Already there are concerns over Britain leaving Europe and a push for another Scottish independence referendum
SNP to outline plans to help EU citizens stay in Scotland Nicola Sturgeon will commit to exploring 'all options' to secure EU citizens' status.
Should Gordon Strachan stay on as manager of Scotland? Craig Fowler examines the arguments for and against Gordon Strachan staying on as national team boss.
Scotland Advice: Where to stay between Skye and Edinburgh?
How to get from the Faroe Islands to the Shetland Islands
How do I get from the Faroe Islands to the Shetland Islands or the other way round? Is there anything besides a flight via Scotland?
Do I need a transit visa to stay airside in Heathrow, as an Indian going to the Cayman Islands?
I am traveling from the GRAND CAYMAN ISLAND to India via London Heathrow. I'm an Indian national and have a valid GRAND CAYMAN WORK-PERMIT visa. The Cayman Islands are a British Overseas Territory. Do I need a transit visa to stay airside?
Minimum prerequisites to stay camping on private land (finca) in Spain (Canary Islands)?
What are the minimum prerequisites if you want to stay camping on private ground in Spain (especially on the Canary Islands)? I do have the owner’s permission.I mean by law: Are there any restrictions, especially if you want to stay some weeks camping with your children on private land (finca) without any building for holiday?Do no need to build a toilet? Do you need a drinking water connection or is it enough to have your drinking water from bottles?
Do I need a transit visa to stay airside in Heathrow, as a Bangladeshi going to the British Virgin Islands [duplicate]
I am a Bangladeshi student. I have got student visa from British Virgin Island immigration.
Do I need a transit visa to stay airside in Heathrow, as a Bangladeshi going to the British virgin Islands?...
Do philosophical theories stay independent of scientific discoveries?
I asked a question earlier about how the Genealogy of Morals by Nietzsche had held out in terms how accurate his philosophy was, now that we know more about the emergence of the human animal. The ...
Where can I see Shetland ponies on Unst?
I will be spending a couple days on Unst on the Shetland Islands next year. My wife is very keen on seeing some Shetland ponies, and I am wondering how to go about this.My research seems to indicate that Unst is a good place for this. Furthermore it seems that they are roaming freely and one can find them grazing at the roadsides. Now, by randomly looking through some Google Streetview, all I can find is a lot of sheep.So my question is, how do I go about to find Shetland ponies on Unst? Is there a high probability of us finding them at the roadside without looking for them or are there specific places (farms, parks) where one would have to go to find them?
Are the shetland islands part of Scotland?
How far is it from Glasgow Scotland to Burra Shetland Islands?
To get from the centre of Glasgow to Burra, Shetland by car you have to drive from Glasgow to Aberdeen which is about 145miles, then get an over night ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick in Shetland (leaving 7pm arriving 7am) which is 231 miles and then it is 10 to 12 miles to Burra depending on which part you are going to.Total travelling distance roughly 390 miles and you would need to leave the centre of Glasgow no later than 12 noon to arrive in Burra about 8am the next morning.
How many same-sex couples have married in the Shetland Islands of Scotland?
No such marriages have yet been recorded there since the same-sex marriage law will not take effect until October 2014.
Fishing and sheep raising are the chief economic activities in a group of danish islands that lie northwest of the shetland islands name these islands?
Is there a difference between Shetland Scotland and Shetland near Orkney?
No. Shetland is part of Scotland and so is Orkney. Shetland is located to the North of Orkney in the middle of the North Sea.
What is the name of a group of Danish Islands that lie northwest of the Shetland Islands?
What are the danish islands that lie to the northwest of the shetland islands?
What islands are northwest of the Shetland islands?
The Faroe Islands.
Where are the Shetland Islands?
The Shetland Islands form an archipelago in northern Scotland and are to the northeast of the Orkney Islands.
Where is the shetland islands located?
Off the north coast of Scotland.
Are there any synagogues in the Shetland islands?
I don't think there are any in the islands. No. But I could be wrong...
What are the Shetland islands animals like?
Are the Shetland Islands beautiful places?
Yes they are. Some people that live here don't agree but I personally like the peace and quiet and the natural beauty of the islands.
Longitude and latitude of shetland islands?
The south mainland of the main island cuts through the 60 degree North line and it's approximately 1.2689 degrees West.
Who controls the South Shetland Islands?
How long would it take from the shetland islands to London on a train?
You can't take a train directly from the Shetland Islands to London. You can't even fly directly between Shetland and London. You could travel by boat from Shetland to Aberdeen and then take a train or fly from there to London or you could fly from Shetland to Edinburgh and either fly or take a train from Edinburgh to London.
How many villages towns and cities are there on the Shetland Islands?
Lerwick is the only town of any size.
What language do people who live on the shetland islands speak?
- Came down to Earth off the Shetland Islands 10 years ago. Cayó a la Tierra hace diez años en las islas Shetland.
- the Shetland Islands, the Shetlands las Islas Shetland
- Braer, a Liberian tanker, 26 million gallons off the Shetland Islands. Braer, buque liberiano, 26 millones de galones en las islas Shetland.
- From its bustling harbour, ferries leave for the beautiful islands of Orkney and Shetland. Del bullicioso puerto, salen los feries a las bellas islas de Orkney y Shetland.
- Skeabost is a hidden gem on this most spectacular of Scotland's Islands. Skeabost es una joya oculta en esta espectacular isla escocesa.
- An independent Scotland would be a catastrophe as a country.
- Marquesas Islands, Society Islands (including Tahiti), Tuamotu Islands, Gambier Islands and Austral Islands. Islas Marquesas, archipiélago de la Sociedad (incluida Tahití), islas Tuamotú, islas Gambier e islas Australes.
- Scotland north of the Caledonian Canal, the Scilly Islands Norte escocés del Canal de Caledonia e Islas Sorlingas
- Sweden then won 5-0 in the Faroe Islands while Scotland defeated Northern Ireland 2-0. Suecia ganó 5-0 a las Islas Feroe mientras que Escocia derrotó a Irlanda del Norte por 2-0.
- An independent Scotland will not remain in NATO whilst it remains a nuclear alliance. Una Escocia independiente no permanecerá en la OTAN mientras esta sea una alianza nuclear.
Satellites could be launched from shetland islands' most northern isle - Satellites could be launched from shetland islands' most northern isle For the 600 residents of the most northern island in the Shetlands, it could be the most ...
May 2017 - Fair Isle, Shetland, Scotland -
Should Scotland become an independent country? (2014-09-15) - Oklahomans with ties to the United Kingdom and Scotland give their opinions on the upcoming vote.
What happened if Scotland was an Independent Country -
Half of Scots ‘would back an independent Scotland in EU’ - Half of Scots 'would back an independent Scotland in EU' (Andrew Milligan/PA) Almost half of Scots would back an independent Scotland in the European Union (EU) if a second referendum...
Shetland goose: The Shetland goose is a breed of domestic geese originating in the Shetland Islands in Scotland. Like the other livestock breeds native to the islands, the Shetland goose is small in stature, generally weighing between 12 and 14 pounds.
East Burra: East Burra is one of the Scalloway Islands, a subgroup of the Shetland Islands in Scotland. It is connected by a bridge to West Burra.
With an area of 515 hectares it is the twelfth largest of the Shetland Islands.
West Burra: West Burra is one of the Scalloway Islands, a subgroup of the Shetland Islands in Scotland. It is connected by bridge to East Burra. With an area of 743 hectares, it is the eleventh largest of the Shetland Islands.
BBC Radio Shetland: BBC Radio Shetland is an opt-out service of BBC Radio Scotland, covering the Shetland Islands, Scotland. The station's studio is located in Pitt Lane, Lerwick.
Scalloway: Scalloway is the largest settlement on the North Atlantic coast of Mainland, the largest island of the Shetland Islands, Scotland. It had a population of approximately 812, at the 2001 census. Until 1708 it was the capital of the Shetland Islands.
Langa, Shetland: Langa is an uninhabited island off Hildasay, in Shetland, Scotland. It is not to be confused with the numerous islands called "Linga" in Shetland.
Prehistoric Shetland: Prehistoric Shetland refers to a period in the human occupation of the Shetland archipelago of Scotland that was the latter part of these islands' prehistory.
Brother Isle: Brother Isle is a small, uninhabited island in Shetland, Scotland. It lies between the islands of Yell and Shetland Mainland. It is 40 hectares in size.
East Shetland Basin: The East Shetland Basin is a major oil-producing area of the North Sea between Scotland and Norway.
Oil produced there is landed at Sullom Voe Terminal in the Shetland Islands.
Quarff: Quarff is a small village in the Shetland Islands in Scotland. It is located on the main A970 road, 5 miles south of Shetland's only town, Lerwick.
Old photograph of women carrying baskets of Peat on the Shetland Islands, Scotland. Shetland ponies ...: Old photograph of women carrying baskets of Peat on the Shetland Islands, Scotland. Shetland ponies and carts were used to transport the peat back to their cottages. The local way of life reflects the Scottish and Norse heritage of the isles, including the Up Helly Aa fire festival, and a strong musical tradition, especially the traditional fiddle style. The islands have produced a variety of writers of prose and poetry, often in the distinct Shetland dialect of Scots. There are numerous areas set aside to protect the local fauna and flora, including a number of important sea bird nesting sites. The Shetland pony and Shetland Sheepdog are two well-known Shetland animal breeds. Other local breeds include the Shetland sheep, cow, goose, and duck. The Shetland pig, or grice, has been extinct since about 1930.Britain, United Kingdom, Scottish Blog, About, Activity. Activities. Adventures, Advice, Alba, Amazing, Ancestry, Around, Attraction, Attractions, Backroad, Backroads, Beautiful, Best
Tour Scotland photograph of Muckle Flugga Lighthouse, north of Unst in the Shetland Islands, Scotland...: Tour Scotland photograph of Muckle Flugga Lighthouse, north of Unst in the Shetland Islands, Scotland. Muckle Flugga, a small rocky island, is home to the Muckle Flugga Lighthouse, built by Thomas and David Stevenson in 1854, originally to protect ships during the Crimean War. Muckle Flugga was one of the few lighthouses in Scotland which had a separate shore station that served as accommodation for the lighthouse keepers when they were off duty, similar to Sule Skerry and its shore station in Stromness, Orkney. The shore station was sold off when the lighthouse was automated.Britain, United Kingdom, Scottish Blog, About, Activity. Activities. Adventures, Advice, Alba, Amazing, Ancestry, Around, Attraction, Attractions, Backroad, Backroads, Beautiful, Best, British Isles, Blogging, Bucket List, Clan, Connection, Connections, Destination. Destinations, Discover, Distilleries, Escape, Environment, Europe, Experiences, Europe, Explore, Exploring in year 2017 and 2018, Fan, Family, Famous,
Tour Scotland photograph of Scousburgh Beach, Shetland Islands, Scotland. From Scousburgh a road leads...: Tour Scotland photograph of Scousburgh Beach, Shetland Islands, Scotland. From Scousburgh a road leads up the hill to the site of the former Mossy Hill army base. This road has a connection to Scousburgh Hill the site of the now redundant trans horizon transmission dishes. From there another road leads down to the A970 on the east side of the Hill.Britain, United Kingdom, Scottish Blog, About, Active, Activity, Activities. Adventures, Admire, Advice, Alba, Amazing, Ancestry, Around, Attraction, Attractions, Backroad, Backroads, Beautiful, Best, British Isles, Blogging, Bucket List, Camera, Central, Clan, Connection, Connections, Country, Destination. Destinations, Discover, Distilleries, Escape, Environment, Europe, Experiences, Europe, Explore, Exploring in year 2017 and 2018, Fan, Family, Festival, Famous, Fascinating, Favourite, Friendly, Genealogy, Getaways, Small Group Tour, Guide, Rough, Guides, Iconic, Ideas, Image, Images, Information, Heritage, Historic, Holiday, Holidays, His