Conservative lead over Labour falls to two year low
- [11-11] #AlexSalmond: "Over the last year or two 50 Labour MPs (including Jeremy #Corbyn) and 37 Conservative MPs have appeared on
- [16-12] Last year 312 Conservative MPs voted against forcing rented homes to be made fit for human habitation. No Labour, L…
- [24-11] #Labour #Conservative Conservative cabinet members, who are all millionaires, do not use publicly funded educationa…
- [25-09] Chukka (et al) wants Labour to lead the country, all Momentum wants is for Corbyn to lead the Labour Party. #Newsnight
- [26-11] @SadiqKhan expects #Labour to wrest control of long-held Conservative councils in the capital in next year’s local elections,
- [17-12] I blame #MikeTomlin for losing the lead.Too conservative with his plays with a lead.But he is forgiven now that they scored the TD!
- [05-10] The difference between a #Conservative and #Labour voter. #Tory supporters want good things for everyone, Labour just want it for themselves
- [04-10] The Conservative Party couldn't even reach 200 seats between 1997-2009. In 2017, Labour got 262. But Labour are "be…
- [14-07] #Scotland News - Teenager who died at Falls of Bruar named - The 19-year-old's body was recovered from Falls of...
- [04-10] The moment the 'F' falls off the sign behind #TheresaMay's head at the #Conservative party conference.
- [01-10] #Marr Jeremy Corbyn is Labour's best asset, Theresa May is Labour's second best asset just edging out Boris. Conservative
- [10-10] #Labour's George, Zippy & Bungle: House of Commons erupts in hysterics as Corbyn calls for Labour to lead Brexit :
- [12-10] Wow... #Indians blew a 3-1 lead last year. Then 2-0 lead, this year. ? #ALDS
- [03-10] Under a conservative Government. LOL. #labour sucks
- [10-11] Attempts to put Boris on lead, PM falls #TheresaMay #SackBoris
- [30-09] I hope to god this falls through. #TheresaMay #Tories #Labour
- [01-10] #Labour and #Conservative conferences, compare and contrast.... :-P
- [26-09] Fantasy #brexit with #conservative & #labour
- [02-10] What do you notice about these people at the #Conservative conference? #Labour
- [28-09] Labour and Conservative records on the national debt
- [21-11] Pats’ Brady grows lead, Dolphins’ Cutler falls in ... -
- [23-11] #Bears Wire: Spieth falls further from the lead at the Australian Open
- [30-09] Who are these people trying to run our country we have had enough of, #austerity #conservative #labour it's time, n…
- [05-10] Every #Conservative Gov that followed a #Labour one has had to sort out multiple problems.
- [15-11] #Labour MP apologises for calling Conservative 'token ghetto boy'
- [04-11] Wish the #UnitedKingdom had more people like this, instead of the traitor #conservative and #labour parties that ar…
- [09-10] LABOUR LEADER CAVES IN TO CONSERVATIVE PRESSURE | Exeter
- [01-10] A2z @petermu04344970 says that #Conservative, #Labour and #LibDems all have leadership problems. (Below r/t…
- [05-11] When @CollinsworthPFF says @SNFonNBC that with the trade of @JayTrain23 it falls on #JayCutler to lead @MiamiDolphins??♀️
- [17-09] #BREAKING Texas surrenders lead late in regulation, falls 27-24 to No. 4 USC in 2OT | #HookEm
- [24-08] "@Independent: Net migration falls to 246,000 in lead-up to #Brexit as thousands of EU citizens leave
- [03-10] #Labour MP @LucyMPowell has to explain that her constituents mean the Conservative delegates no harm.
Welcome to S…
- [17-11] Labour & Conservative at #LonConf17 agree international students must always be welcome to London
- [13-01] Against the most incompetent Conservative government ever, Corbyn's #Labour is letting down the people who really n…
- [14-01] How can #Labour seriously not eke out a lead against this lot?
- [Image from Twitter.]This is very pertinent, from Labour’s Richard Burgon: The problems with a Conservative government don’t lie solely with the choice of prime minister.When Theresa May finally accepts her P45 – for real – it will most likely be for a Conservative to replace her. That means the government will be the same as before.The same policies of impoverishment for workers and enrichment… View On WordPress
- Twilight for democracy: The Houses of Parliament are now the home of a dictatorship calling itself a Conservative government. What blatant disregard for democracy. It seems Conservative members of Parliament have been told not to bother voting in any Opposition Day debates.This would explain why the House of Commons supported both the Labour Party’s motions yesterday, without having to go to the… View On WordPress
- Labour ousted by Tories in Copeland but sees off Ukip challenge in Stoke | Politics [ad_1] Labour suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of the the Conservative party in Copeland, a heartland seat dominated by the party since 1924, just half an hour after the party saw off Ukip leader Paul Nuttall in a bitter battle for Stoke Central. Jeremy Corbyn is under mounting pressure after Labour’s Gillian Troughton was defeated by the Conservatives’ Trudy Harrison, marking the… View On WordPress
- Let’s be clear, UK labour have produced a pretty good manifesto minus a few points such as how they’ll go about Brexit etc. But nevertheless, it’s a good manifesto…for England.The Labour manifesto dedicates a single page to Scottish issues. Not entirely exciting but the manifesto as a whole could have given Scottish labour the opportunity to really get behind it.They haven’t.Research any Labour Candidate in Scotland and you are simply met with ‘No more divisive referendums.’ They haven’t capitalised on the manifesto that’s picked up popularity in England.Anyone contemplating voting for Labour in Scotland please know this, the SNP will be far greater allies to Jeremy Corbyn than Blairite Scottish Labour MPs.Scottish Labour’s only MP left Jeremy Corbyn’s shadow cabinet on the basis that Corbyn was 'not fit to lead’ and got behind the coup to remove him as leader. It is detrimental to Corbyn to have a horde of Labour MPs seeking to undermine his leadership from within the party.That’s worth bearing in mind as we approaching polling day.
- The Conservative Party Has Lost The Pulse Of The Nation –Labour’s statist, redistributionist policies are as bad as ever, but unlike the Tories they increasingly have the pulse of the nationOnce again I find myself in the strange position of agreeing with a stridently left-wing MP in their criticism of this drifting Conservative government and the failing centrist consensus which it represents.As Jon Trickett continues to curateLabourList for the… View On WordPress
- It’s business as usual next week with Theresa May getting on with Brexit and a plan to cap energy bills – and no mention at all of the fact that her party is now trailing Labour by five points.According to the BMG poll for The Independent, Labour enjoys the support of 42 per cent of voters, while the Tories can only rely on 37 per cent.For the Conservative Party, a mid-30s poll rating is the…View On WordPress
- Comment: Sir Vince Cable has got Brexit voters wrong. We are the true liberals nowIn my greener days, I was a Liberal Democrat supporter. Growing up in a religiously conservative Bangladesh, with its heavily managed economy, instilled in me the importance of liberalism. Quite simply, when I moved to this country as a not especially political but certainly opinionated teenager, the other two options – the (then) socially conservative Tories and the (still)
statist Labour Party…View On WordPress
- Step Falls, Newry Maine: Great Family Waterfall Hike View from the top of Step Falls in Newry. Step Falls near Grafton Notch State Park Step Falls is one of my favorite places to visit any time of year in Maine. The hike to the falls is an easy 20-25 minutes (0.6 miles) and is perfect for families. The lower falls are an easy hike and the last section of the upper falls are a moderate hike. The hike in follows along beautiful Wight Brook and… View On WordPress
Conservative lead over Labour falls to two year low
Are Tony and Cherie Blair Nothing But "CHAMPAGNE SOCIALISTS"?
That's utterly ridiculous. They are not and never were socialists. Their (successful) aim was to drum any socialism out of the Labour Party and to continue the monetarist policies which Thatcher started in the 1980s, with a slightly more human face.
EDIT: Ralf - I did vote for the Labour candidate in the last 4 elections. In 1997 and 2001 with a genuine belief that something different might arise. In 2005 and 2010 as an anti-Conservative vote in a Labour-Conservative marginal.
My 2015 vote will be geared only towards unseating the chinless Tory prat who is currently my MP. If Labour is best placed, that's how I'll vote.
I do hate what Blair and Brown did to the Labour Party, but worry that the party can't see that no one is genuinely excited and convinced by what they have to offer. The only positive thing which can be said about the Labour Party is that they aren't quite as shite as the other main parties.
If you want to interpret that as an unequivocal endorsement of the Labour Party, and paint me as a Labour activist, then you haven't understood a word.
What will happen to the Labour paty if Scotland votes for independence?
Hello Steve Can Labour get into power without Scotland? The answer is yes it will be difficult but not impossible. Tony Blair would've done it without the Scots. As I am sure you are aware Labour would lose 41 seats in the event of Scotland voting yes this has lead many to believe that the Tories would be in power all the time or most of the time. What happened last election was British politics was hung Cameron needed only 19 seats to get a majority and only Labour's Scottish Mps stood in the way. What is true is that all the while British politics is hung and more than likely it still is Labour cannot win out right and may struggle to form a coalition with Lib Dems for they will lose 11 and are very discredited. So that would favour the Tories.
Now then as for a political force? The English Labour voter is more right wing then he Scottish one the only thing that keeps Labour vaguely resembling a left wing entity is the more traditional democratic Socialist in Scotland. In terms of what Labour will be after Scottish independence it will complete the shift to the right Labour has already started to do for like I said the English Labour voter is more right wing. Simply put Labour would fully become more a Tory Party than they are already. If you are Labour voter and you hope that one day you might be able to salvage Old Labour Scotland has to stay that's the only way you will get Labour elected on a Democratic Socialist programme is for Scotland to stay.
The article below may prove useful. But anyway you slice it Scotland going is not good for Labour they will lose all their original identity and would need to win by a landslide to win out right. Labour governments are going to be fewer and every election will give the Tories an advantage
I am ex Labour voter who will vote for UKIP next
Why does Scotland vote Labour so much?
In general Scotland is happy to be in the UK with a labour governement because we know what were getting but conservative do not do well in Scotland anymore. If Scotland get in I think SNP will get a greater vote in Scottish Elections next year and independance would be on the table.
Why does Scotland vote Labour so much?
I think it was to avoid a conservative rule. I'm Scottish, and I can see quite clearly that Scotland avoid voting conservative simply because of what Thatcher did. It's bitter resentment, and nothing more.
Scotland, though I do love it, it's my home and most of it's people are some of the friendliest you'll ever meet, does have it's flaws and one of the big flaws is that it has an extraordinary will to hold a grudge. We're still sore about the English invading centuries ago, and we're still bitter about Thatcher. Okay, she messed up north of the border, but lets face it, she was human, humans make mistakes all the time.
Labour has made too many mistakes this time around and it's time we let them go.
The point of voting is to do the best for one's country. Labour is NOT good for any of us right now. SNP is not much better with it's "WE WANT INDEPENDENCE" crap, and Lib dem...well there's a reason they didn't get a look in.
Who's left? In this election it was a matter of choosing the lesser of four evils...I've never voted conservative before, but I truly think it would be the better choice to get Britain out of the mess Labour has gotten it into.
I don't want independence. I love Britian, I have no right not to, given that my anscestors on my father's side are English and Welsh and Scottish.
I think it's time Britain just grew up and stopped bickering over things long past.
Why does Scotland vote Labour so much?
Because we're stupid.
How do I know we're stupid?
Because there is a viable alternative that would ensure we'd never have to suffer the indignities of a Conservative government we never voted for ever again.
And eighty percent of votes cast in Scotland weren't for that party.
See? We're stupid. Anyone outwith that twenty percent of voters; stupid. Voting Labour, like so many fools did; stupid. Because now we've got all those Labour MP's and we STILL likely end up with a Conservative government. What therefore was the point of voting Labour? Oh wait, there wasn't one.
I'm not sure what to make of your point about the Tories having a majority of nine without Scotland. If it's intended to be a 'see, it's Scotland's fault' you're on a hiding to nothing. You could as easily blame all those seats in England who returned a Labour MP.
Edit - Sanny.. you normally vote SNP but you didn't vote... I greatly hope you've got a decent reason.
Aberdeen Tyke... do all Yorkshiremen use words like 'quite vile?' Anyway, my point. If you think Salmonds vile, I'm interested to note that you don't seem to apply the same standard to Brown or the exceptionally smarmy Cameron. Neither of whom I would trust any further than Salmond. I might be a party member but wee Eck's a politician; I don't actually trust any of them to any great degree.
Will Labour's confusion about Trident cost them MSPs?
Jeremy Corbyn has said Labour may have to go into next year's Holyrood elections without having a clear position on Trident.
The Labour leader, who is visiting Scotland, said he hoped the position would have been resolved by then.
But he told BBC Scotland that he could give no guarantee....
Lord Ashcroft Polls: The Conservative Brand: and how voters compare the Conservative and Labour agendas
Labour MP apologises for calling Conservative 'token ghetto boy Emma Dent Coad says remarks were taken wrong way after Tory assembly member condemned them as racist and hate-filled The Labour MP Emma Dent Coad has apologised for referring to a Conservative London assembly member as a “token ghetto boy” in a blogpost written before she was elected, after two Tory MPs called for the whip to be removed. Shaun Bailey, who was then Hammersmith’s Conservative parliamentary candidate, said the MP had written “racist, hate-filled remarks”.
Labour and Conservative records on the national debt | Isn't it nice to have the whole picture?
U.K. Conservative Party Wins Key Local Election Dealing Blow to Labour U.K. Conservative Party Wins Local Election Dealing Blow to Labour
Trudy Harrison won a seat that the center-left Labour Party had held for decades, giving Prime Minister Theresa May a boost before she formally starts the U.K.’s negotiations on leaving the European Union.
Theresa May’s inspirational speech at the Conservative conference must become the party’s focus and blueprint — or we will have to worry about Labour INSTEAD of debating the future of the country at their party conference, the Tories have been distracted by Boris Johnson’s leadership ambitions. The party needs to get its mojo back, and fast. If they do not, we discovered at Labour’s conference last week what is at stake. Because what Jeremy Corbyn and his Shadow Chancellor, […]
Pound Falls After Exit Poll Shows Declines for Conservative Party Pound Falls After Exit Poll Shows Declines for Conservative Party
The British pound slumped after an exit poll projected that Britain’s ruling Conservative Party may have failed to retain its parliamentary voting majority in the U.K.’s general election.
Chile election: Conservative Sebastian Pinera takes lead Ex-president Sebastián Piñera is on course to win the first round, but may fail to avoid a run-off.
Britain Elections: David Cameron's Conservative Party in Lead Cameron's chances have never looked better. So why are the Tories so glum?
(LEAD) Conservative parties redouble calls for Moon to rethink N.K. policy (ATTN: ADDS more info in paras 15-16, 20-21)
SEOUL, Sept. 3 (Yonhap) -- Conservative parties on Sunday raised pressure on President Moon Jae-in to rethink his "dovish" approach toward North Korea following its sixth nuclear test, urging him to explore
Merkel’s Conservative Bloc Retains 17% Lead Over Social Democrats – Poll German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservative bloc, made up of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and the Christian Social Union (CSU), holds a 17-percent lead over its main opponent, the Social Democratic Party (SPD), less than a month ahead of the federal elections, a fresh poll showed on Friday.
Poll finds conservative with huge lead over Trump-backed Alabama candidate Roy Moore has a nearly 20-point lead over Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.), the candidate backed by President Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) in Alabama's Senate special election, according to a new p...
(LEAD) Conservative parties voice concerns over liberal chief justice nominee (ATTN: ADDS more info in paras 10-11)
SEOUL, Aug. 22 (Yonhap) -- Conservative parties on Tuesday expressed unease over President Moon Jae-in's nomination of a liberal, reformist judge to lead the Supreme Court, warning it could compromise the judiciar
20-year-old bride falls to death at Gokak Falls
Child labour falls by 49 per cent
Poll: 31-year-old conservative to become Austrian chancellor Sebastian Kurz, a 31-year-old conservative, is set to become the next chancellor of Austria and Europe's youngest leader, though his party appears to have failed to win an outright majority, an exit poll predicts.
NLC disinvestment could lead to labour unrest: CM
Support for Norway's opposition Labour falls further in new polls
“Child labour will lead to ban on carpet exports”
Assam polls lead to labour shortage in Perumbavoor
Kevin McKenna: What Labour must do to lead it down the road to recovery THE best line from the launch of Kezia Dugdale’s Scottish Labour leadership campaign in June 2015 was underplayed by some members of the press present in Edinburgh that day.
Conservative Voters: What are your best points to convince someone that voting conservative is the right thing to do?
Welsh Political Barometer poll: Labour maintains its lead
Labour's lead now down to 0.3pts in our poll tracker: Lab: 40.6% Con: 40.3% LDem: 7.3% UKIP: 4.5% Grn: 2.6%
U.S. 10-Year Yield Falls to One-Year Low After Strong Auction U.S. 10-Year Yield Falls to One-Year Low After Strong Auction
The yield on the benchmark 10-year U.S. government note fell to a one-year low after a government debt sale drew strong demand from investors home and abroad.
Is it common for a one-time windfall to lead to an individual net operating loss in the following year?
Suppose that Alice ordinarily makes $100,000 a year. Then, in Year 1, she wins the lottery and experiences a one-time windfall of $2.4 million, bringing her income for that (single) year up to $2.5 ...
Did Google's analysis of 41 shades of blue lead to 200 million dollars in extra revenue a year? [closed]
I was torn between posting this on Cross Validated, User Experience, or here, but here goes:
Many have heard about how Google, not wanting to rely on the hunches of designers, tested 41 shades of ...
it is the labour itself, or the labour-to-be
Does "labour-to-be" mean "the labour that is expected" or "the labour that is required for existence"?
The world is made up of random encounters (Lucretius, Hobbes, Marx,
Althusser). Art, too, is ...
Why does a CCFL in an LCD have a bigger pink lead and a small white lead?
After removing the dead CCFLs from an LCD monitor, I noticed something odd. Although both wires go to different ends of the tube and presumably carry identical currents, they are visibly and ...
Consequences of mixing lead and lead-free alloys when soldering
Would it be a problem to use a lead solder paste to solder lead-free BGA package parts? Are there contamination/compatibility issues? Does it affect the physical connection integrity between the board-...
what is customer/sales/product lead? very confused the word “lead”?
I am working in online advertising industry, and many time people use the word lead is kind of something that a company should achieve. Lead sometimes means a customers who actually bought products or ...
Why was the labour party called labour?
it was todo with their link/care for the working class (generally doing manual labour etc in industrial britain) they appeal to this "lower" class and thus took on the name Labour.
How many kids die nfrom child labour every year?
What prefix could be added to the root word conservative to make very conservative?
Which falls faster 1 lb of lead or 1 lb of feathers?
Why is Valentines Day always on a Monday the following year whenever Christmas falls on Saturday - even if the next year is a leap year?
If your a 17 year old male living in Britain and your in love with a 14 year old female which the feeling is mutual on both sidesand she falls pregnantdoes the 17 year old male go to prison?
When Easter falls on April 25th in a given year - what day does Christmas fall on in that same year?
If the 25th of April is a Sunday, then Christmas Day in the same
year is always a Saturday.
Does lead pencil contain lead in any form if yes what is name and formula or lead compound if there is no lead in leaded pencils why they are called so?
No, the "lead" is graphite.
Is it illegalfor a 17 year old to date a 24 year old in Wichita falls tx?
No, there are no laws against dating so yes, as long as the minors parents agree to it you can date. At 17 in Texas you have also reached the age of consent so you can even have sex.
What is your advice for a sixteen year old girl who is constantly frustrated emotionally spiritually sexually and so on I come from a very conservative family that would not allow anything too naughty?
How much rain falls in the UK in 1 year?
It depends how much water and hot weather there has been in one year. For example if one month it was really hot then water would have been evaporated into clouds. The next month it would rain. This is called precipitation. Also look up water cycle to improve your answer.
How many mm of rain falls in bc a year?
In what year did Rick Pitino lead Louisville to a return to the Final Four after a 19 year absence?
In which year did rick pitino lead louisville to a return to the final four after a 19 year absence?
Where can a 14-year-old get a job in Wichita Falls Texas?
EVERYWHERE! Summer camps, its legal to actually work in your 14-100,000,000 (joke) but yeah go to a casting call it worked for Harry Potter it can totally work 4 u
How many people die per year at ruby falls?
Can a man of 38 falls in love with 18 year girl?
Easter falls under which date each year?
- So Zeus picks him up and slings him, and he just falls and falls and falls and falls and falls until he crash-lands on the island of Lemnos. levantó, lo lanzó y Hefesto cayó desde lo alto hasta caer en la isla de Lemnos.
- Christmas falls on a Monday this year. The rent falls due the first of every month.
- The constituency fell to Labour at the last election, after ten years of Conservative rule.
- The crowd of political newcomers, and former Labour and Conservative voters roared their assent.
- Griffen, the lead blocker, falls down. Griffen, el bloqueador líder, cae al suelo.
- The Scottish Conservative Party candidate in Ayr, John Scott, has humiliated Labour into third place - 5000 or more votes behind. El candidato del Partido Conservador Escocés para Ayr, John Scott, a humillado a los laboristas dejándoles en tercer puesto -con más de 5.000 votos de diferencia.
- For nearly 80 years Labour was the main political alternative to the Conservative Party or Tories, and in several general elections it defeated them. Por casi 80 años fue la principal alternativa política frente al Partido Conservador, o Tories, y en diversas elecciones generales lo venció.
- For the fiscal year 1993/1994 the Government has allocated special means, SKr 30 million, to the National Labour Market Board for projects which will result in increased equality in the labour market. Para el año fiscal de 1993/1994, el Gobierno asignó recursos especiales por un total de 30 millones de coronas suecas a la Junta Nacional del Mercado de Trabajo para proyectos que darán lugar a una mayor igualdad en el mercado de trabajo.
- When we repeat such a budgeting process year after year, however, it can lead to deformations, inaccuracies and the wasteful use of resources.
From Europarl P
- Even by conservative estimates, the company will lose $2,000,000 this year.
Labour vs Conservative: Manifesto breakdown | GE2017 - A direct comparison of the points from the Labour and Conservative manifestos, with some brief analysis and fact-checking, then a conclusion looking at the ...
Chile Election: Conservative Sebastian Pinera Takes Lead - Conservative Sebastián Piñera is leading in Chiles presidential elections, partial results show.
Why Ministry of Labour Falls Short on Severance - Employment Lawyer Lior Samfiru explains why consulting the Ministry of Labour on your severance pay after you've been let go from a job is a BAD IDEA.
Brexit bounce: conservatives lead labour in a poll for first time since june - Brexit bounce: conservatives lead labour in a poll for first time since june REUTERS/Yves Herman Conservatives lead Labour in a poll for first time since June, YouGov finds. The...
Saudi Work Visa Validity Time Change From Two year to one Year Saudi labour ministry - Saudi Work Visa validity Time Change From Two year to one Year Saudi labour ministry saudi labour ministry change the expire time of work visa from tow year ...
Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 2001: The 2001 Conservative Party leadership election was held after the British Conservative Party failed to make inroads into the Labour government's lead in the 2001 general election.
Wyndham Davies: Wyndham Roy Davies was a British Conservative Party politician. Against the national trend, he was elected Member of Parliament for Birmingham Perry Barr at the 1964 general election, gaining the seat from Labour at a time when Labour was coming to power after thirteen years of Conservative rule.
Aidan Crawley: Aidan Merivale Crawley, MBE was a British journalist, television executive and editor, and politician. He was a member of both of Britain's major political parties: the Labour Party and Conservative Party, and was elected to the House of Commons as a Labour MP from 1945 to 1951, and as a Conservative MP from 1962 to 1967.
Reg Prentice: Reginald Ernest Prentice, Baron Prentice, PC was a British politician who held ministerial office in both Labour and Conservative Party governments. He was the most senior Labour figure ever to defect to the Conservative party.
Southport by-election, 1952: The 1952 Southport by-election was held on 6 February 1952 after the incumbent Conservative MP Robert Hudson was elevated to a hereditary peerage. The Conservative candidate was Roger Fleetwood-Hesketh, a former mayor of Southport. The Labour party selected 32-year old Alan Tillotson, an executive of the Bolton Evening News.
Bond Falls: Bond Falls is a waterfall on the middle branch of the Ontonagon River, a few miles east of Paulding in Haight Township in southern Ontonagon County, Michigan. The site is near U.S. Highway 45 in the western portion of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The waterfalls are listed by the state of Michigan as the Bond Falls Scenic Site.
The total drop of the falls is about 50 feet. Trails lead to and from the falls from a picnic area atop the falls.
Tamworth Borough Council election, 2004: Elections to Tamworth Borough Council were held on 10 June 2004. One third of the council was up for election and the Conservative party gained overall control of the council from the Labour party. Overall turnout was 31.4%
After the election, the composition of the council was
Quaking Aspen Falls: Quaking Aspen Falls is a 25-foot, multi-stranded waterfall off Tioga Pass Road in Yosemite National Park. Although the falls typically dry up by August, the stream flows year-round both above and below the falls.
Journey Behind the Falls: Journey Behind the Falls is an attraction in Niagara Falls, Ontario located in the Table Rock Centre beside the Canadian Horseshoe Falls. It is open year round and run by the Niagara Parks Commission.
Lewisham North by-election, 1957: The Lewisham North by-election of 14 February 1957 was held following the death of Conservative Member of Parliament Sir Austin Hudson, 1st Baronet the previous year. In a defeat for the government the seat was gained by the Labour Party.
This why a new design for our country apart from labour or Conservative is a really urgent need.
https...: This why a new design for our country apart from labour or Conservative is a really urgent need. IssueThe Conservative Government elected in 2015 declared an objective of reducing expenditure on working age claimants by £12 billion a year – that is £12 billion from the unemployed, the chronic sick and the low-paid (and their children). The then Labour leadership decided to abstain on the issue. There could be no better example of the bankruptcy of mainstream politics in Britain.It is doubtful whether existing policies could in fact secure such a reduction in the near future. Targets have been modified. The main cuts still pending in the last Parliament were two more years without inflation-related increases in most benefits, two more years of annual reductions in the Housing Benefit (HB) allowances for Local Authority and Social Landlords, cuts to child tax credit and the continuing roll-out of universal credit. No changes have been made so far in the new Parliament. The Universal
#Labour should side with #SNP #alexrowley #britain #conservative #conservativeparty #conservatives #...: #Labour should side with #SNP #alexrowley #britain #conservative #conservativeparty #conservatives #gb #gbr #government #greatbritain #labourparty #poltiics #scotland #scottishnationalparty #tories #tory #uk #unitedkingdom #westminster
Politicians such as Labour’s Kezia Dugdale and Conservative Stanley Johnson might have commanded the...: Politicians such as Labour’s Kezia Dugdale and Conservative Stanley Johnson might have commanded the headlines, but in the end they finished behind reality TV star Georgia ‘Toffs’ Toffolo in ITV’s 2017 I’m A Celebrity… contest. Joe Twyman, of polling firm